Izzy SSP to a Izzy PCP?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

2 Cents

Izzy SSP to a Izzy PCP?

Post by 2 Cents »

I was wondering .... if this was doable/posssible? I think the innards of the IZZY could lend itself to conversion based on some exploded views of the IZH and my own disassembly and reassembly experiences. The valve(s) that limits/adjust the amount of air discharged might the the fly in the ointment though. Will have to check out a few more PCP pistols, cylinders, etc and ponder further. I know, I know ..the question will be: WHY? Well I say first off why not? Secondly why not be curious? Thirdly the SSP routine can get rather well .... irksome sometimes. Especially during marathon practice sessions. Dont get me wrong-- I love the trigger, the sights and the Izzy accuracy. I would of bought a PCP if my budget might have allowed it. But it did not. Any thought on the idea?
kevinweiho

Izzy SSP to a Izzy PCP?

Post by kevinweiho »

2 cents:

Not worth the effort in converting the single pumper into a PCP...

Just buy the Baikal MP 672 Pistol. It's the PCP equivalent of the IZH 46M.

Kevho
Airgun aficionado, Costa Rica, C.A.
paulo

Post by paulo »

Last time I heard the MP 672 was only available in Russia, and some problems were being worked on, not ready for prime time.
I would be interested in a reasonably priced conversion/cylinder option for the 46M.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i dont think it is that easy. baikal's trigger assembly basically holds the valve close and when you go bang basically it lets the air accumulated to expand and push the pellet. a pcp gun usually has a valve that has to be striked by some sort of a hammer driven by a spring. that is why we can adjust the velocity of lets say steyr lp10 by adjusting the spring that drives the hammer.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

2 cents, "Love the one you're with". PCP powerplant conversion
will not make the design more accurate, nor will the ergos change.
My backup AP is an FWB mod 100, I train with it quite often to
maintain my shooting fitness and arm and shoulder strength.

If you insist on going ahead with the reconstruction, just because
you want to try it, then why ask us if you should? Just do it.

Tony G