Walther LG300 Air Cylinder Problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Finally heard back from Walther USA after resending my e-mail of one year ago. Reply:

we dont handle the air rifles at all try CROSMAN CORP 800-724-7486

Well, if they had told me that a year ago I might have gotten this figured out by now.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
yana

Post by yana »

I'm considering the LG300 but I'm a bit concerned reg this problem.
They advise to call Crosman, does that mean the LG300 is crosman made?? Hope not..
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

What it means is that Walther USA isn't the importing agent for airguns.
robf

Post by robf »

odd.

the only time i've had this happen is because the cylinder has got to a very low pressure, (ie when i've purged it for air travel) and it's around then that it can seem to stick, especially if cold.

however, owning several LG300 dominators and an XT, using the all three sizes and 200 and 300 bar adapters and unscrewing each cyliner at least 100 times, i've not had a problem

the regs can piss a bit of air on release, some do, some don't.

with the 12ft-lb dommies, common wisdom/advice is not to go over 200 bar, because the regs start to struggle a bit... shot consistency on the dommies is better below 12.

it sounds like your valves aren't shutting, perhaps try reseating them on the filling probe with the tap shut... or use the purge tap... just to open and close the valve.

not heard any problems here... might be worth listing serial numbers and seeing if there's a batch of bottles/guns...

i'd go direct to walther in germany as well for a proper response if you haven't had any joy within a few days with walther USA. It's not acceptable to have a problem last longer than a week without an answer on a product of this calibre, and if your dealer or country's distributor can't handle that sort of service then Walther Germany need to stick a big rocket up the retail chain's backside.
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

Contact Pilk or NealStepp.