guidance please.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

guidance please.

Post by robinhoods »

I have the stuck on air pistol syndrome.
Just sold some guns-Pardini K58 and the FWB model 80.
I only have about $1300 in the toy allowance and missed out on the LNIB
LP 10 buy cloudswimmer.I would have bought it. In two weeks I will be up to $1800 if I don't get weak at the knees and buy an FWB 100 or FWB 300 if they come up.
I figure if I am going to learn at all even at my age I might as well get the best I can afford.
Is this LP 10 right up there I know it is one of the best but am I wrong for entry level shooting to get a gun like this. What do you think is a top pcp pistol. It was suggested that ai buy a IZH 46M and keep for a backup for when I am without a gun to shoot.

Thanks for any replies
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

If you can afford an LP10, why not get it?

They don't seem to lose much value if any at all.

I started with an Izzy and went to an LP2 after I hit 550. If I knew I would like A/P, I would be money ahead if I started with the LP10.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You can't go wrong with either the LP10 or the Morini, they are both great guns and are at the top of there class. The best thing about having the best is you never have that " what could I do if I had better gun" thought.

Another one to consider is the LP1 many say the trigger in it is actually nicer than the LP10, I now even recently some top world class shooter were still using it. Steyr had to move one of the spring mounting points to accommodate the absorber and this did change the feel of the trigger.

The newer LP10 with the bearing trigger in my opinion does feel nicer than the old style LP10 trigger (I was very surprised by this) it removes all side play in the trigger and makes it feel far more consistent.

Personally I looking forward to getting my hands on the LP10E.
robinhoods

LP10

Post by robinhoods »

I would like the LP10E also but they are around $2500 and I want to stay around the $1500 range.
I just missed one (LP10) but I see there is the one Marson has had up for about three weeks but she wants $1700. It might be sold but she has the morini which is in my price range. I will just hang on until something catches my eye. I know the Morini looks great but If I had the money to buy either one new I would go with the Steyr.
Thanks
zollman

Post by zollman »

I would hold out and wait for all of the manufacturers to release their new prices. FWB has posted theirs, and they are down,.....significantly! I may actually try a P44! Steyr's should be out this coming week. The Euro has finally softened up a bit, so things are looking up for shooters paying with dollars.

zollman
Rover

Post by Rover »

Stop playing with the damn things and shoot!!!
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

zollman wrote:I would hold out and wait for all of the manufacturers to release their new prices. FWB has posted theirs, and they are down,.....significantly! I may actually try a P44! Steyr's should be out this coming week. The Euro has finally softened up a bit, so things are looking up for shooters paying with dollars.

zollman
Thanks I will check it out.