Steyr LP10E Promo Video

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Oz

Steyr LP10E Promo Video

Post by Oz »

It's rare to see well produced promotional video in our sport. For that reason I enjoyed this because it is well produced. And starring Jong Oh Jin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTD0Z-oIfQ

Oz
superstring

Post by superstring »

Nice. I'm saving my pennies! :)
j-team

Post by j-team »

No No No No No.

He's not wearing a tracksuit in his national team colours. What a terrible image for ISSF shooting!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

He's wearing a Steyr jersey, and shooting inside the Steyr Sportwaffen facility...

I would say the LP10 E and and and LP-10 are on the same level.
The electronic trigger gave a world record of 594 and the mechanical
counterpart, 593. However, it took twenty years to break the WR, so it largely depends on the shooter, not the gun.

The 'new' compensator, in my opinion, is just for looks, cause if you clamp them on a vise, both are capable of single hole five shot groups.

Kevho
Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.
joe1347

Re: Steyr LP10E Promo Video

Post by joe1347 »

Oz wrote:It's rare to see well produced promotional video in our sport. For that reason I enjoyed this because it is well produced. And starring Jong Oh Jin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTD0Z-oIfQ

Oz
Well obviously, if you buy the LP10E you'll only be shooting 10's - unlike all of those 9's that my K58 seems to shoot :)
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Regardless of sniping at the LP10e or LP10 is a case of macht nichts---Just the shooter himself and his legendary flawless hold and release is the phenomenon. I had a Morini 162e and after selling and regretting, I bought a slightly used LP10 and I think it's a better gun. The only thing that was a hands up is the pellet loading on the LP10 is a relative PITA compared to the Morini---my only con with the LP10. "Doc"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

kevinweiho wrote:The 'new' compensator, in my opinion, is just for looks, cause if you clamp them on a vise, both are capable of single hole five shot groups.
Unfortunately most of us don't shoot matches with the gun clamped in a vice. If we did then there would be no need for any of the recent developments (such as electronic triggers).

Just as important as accuracy of the barrel is the way the gun feels when being shot normally. Any difference might or might not be "between the ears" but, even it it is, it's just as important as a physical difference.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Bob-Riegl wrote:Regardless of sniping at the LP10e or LP10 is a case of macht nichts---Just the shooter himself and his legendary flawless hold and release is the phenomenon. I had a Morini 162e and after selling and regretting, I bought a slightly used LP10 and I think it's a better gun. The only thing that was a hands up is the pellet loading on the LP10 is a relative PITA compared to the Morini---my only con with the LP10. "Doc"
Loading I guess might be a little more difficult especially if you have really big hands and fingers or dexterity issues, but there is one plus to it, I haven't really seen too many double load an LP10. I have seen it a few times with the Morini. To double load the LP10 you really have to not be paying any attention.
Oz

Post by Oz »

The Steyr products are great. But I'd enjoy this type of quality promo if it were for a Daisy 777.

We don't see enough good, quality marketing in our sport. It's expensive and marketing budgets are usually pretty thin. Kudos to Steyr for spending the money and producing the video! I know the goal is to get current shooters to buy a Steyr, but if it convinces just 1 new shooter to pick up the sport, that's an even bigger victory.

Make sure to show stuff like this to every non-shooter that will watch it!

Oz
Makris.D.G

Post by Makris.D.G »

kevinweiho wrote:He's wearing a Steyr jersey, and shooting inside the Steyr Sportwaffen facility...

counterpart, 593. However, it took twenty years to break the WR, so it largely depends on the shooter, not the gun.

The 'new' compensator, in my opinion, is just for looks, cause if you clamp them on a vise, both are capable of single hole five shot groups.

Kevho
Its the other way around.
WR 594 mechanical
593 electronic in next big match

Post by Guest »

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.[/quote]

Its the other way around.
WR 594 mechanical
593 electronic in next big match[/quote]
Yes, that´s right.
But I think as a "normal" shooter you won´t be able to "count" the difference between the mechanical and the "e". But - if you FEEL mor comfortable with one of them, you will get better results, for sure. At least for a short period of time. I think it`s like a change of a gun-brand (e.g. from morini to steyr or vice verse). If you believe in the change you will get better results. Only the best of us can keep the gain!
Best regards
Max
jipe

Post by jipe »

kevinweiho wrote:He's wearing a Steyr jersey, and shooting inside the Steyr Sportwaffen facility...

Kevho
594 was with the LP10, the LP10E as far as I know, never made 593 yet.

Jong Ho Jin is now using an easily recognizable laminated wood color Rink grip, not a very good publicity for the Steyr grips !
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Last weekend we had the national championships for airguns in Austria. And on the location I had the opportunity to talk to the guys from Steyr. I´ve also changed my grip (to one from Maennel - see www.maennel.at) and I have mentioned this to the boys. The know that their grips are not the best ones and argued by saying: We are gunmakers and not gripmakers. They were kidding a little bit but nevertheless this saying is true. I believe that no standard grip (no matter which gun you choose) will fit your hand and fulfill your requirements. Either you work on it or you buy a grip especially produced for your hand only. But this will take a lot of Euros (or Dollars). I´ve chosen a way between: I´ve bought a maennel-grip which comes very close to my needs (very close because you can try and choose between about 21 sizes and shapes of grips). And then I´ve worked a little on the grip (I´ve used a paste which "simulates" wood (sorry for my wording - no native speaker :-)). Now I am (almost) satisfied.
Besides: On my free pistol, a Pardini K22, I´ve also changed the original grip to a Rink-grip. This Rink-grip needed only small adjustments, too.
Best regards
Max
Naimed1983

Post by Naimed1983 »

jipe wrote:

Kevho
594 was with the LP10, the LP10E as far as I know, never made 593 yet.

Jong Ho Jin is now using an easily recognizable laminated wood color Rink grip, not a very good publicity for the Steyr grips !
According to the Rink website Jong Ho Jin also produced 594 with his LP10e + Rink grip at Worldcub in Seoul.

http://www.formgriffe.de/
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Naimed1983 wrote:According to the Rink website Jong Ho Jin also produced 594 with his LP10e + Rink grip at Worldcub in Seoul.
My command of the German language is not good but I cannot see where they say that he used an LP10e with a Rink grip.

In fact, the Korean World Cup where he shot the 594 was in April 2009 and he was using an LP10 (mechanical trigger)
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

David Levene wrote:
Naimed1983 wrote:According to the Rink website Jong Ho Jin also produced 594 with his LP10e + Rink grip at Worldcub in Seoul.
My command of the German language is not good but I cannot see where they say that he used an LP10e with a Rink grip.

In fact, the Korean World Cup where he shot the 594 was in April 2009 and he was using an LP10 (mechanical trigger)
In fact there is no comment on the pistol he used when performing 594 - they are just talking about the grip (and my german is much better than my english ;-)
Best regards
Max
jipe

Post by jipe »

David Levene wrote:

Indeed, it was last year at Seoul WC and since then, no WC in Seoul anymore. Below a picture of the pistol of Jong Oh Jin at the Seoul 2009 WC final: it is an LP10 and the grip doesn't seem to be a Rink grip (the holes at the bottom looks like the holes of a Steyr Morini grip).
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

The Steyr homepage reports that on April 12th 2009 Jong Oh JIN broke the old world record of 593 rings. The new record was 594 rings shot with his STEYR LP 10 with ball bearing trigger (see http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/siteLay ... ge=England
Besides: Look how intensive he was working on the grip (the white stuff). It seems to me that he uses a grip with one size bigger that reqired and "fills in" some liquid wood or similar stuff.
Best regards
Max
jipe

Post by jipe »

The new ball bearing trigger of the LP10 can easily be seen on the picture.

At the last WC in Sydney, Jong Ho Jin was using an LP10E with a laminated wood color Rink grip, i.e. the one on the picture on the Rink website.

In Sydney, Jesna Sekaric was also using an LP10E instead of her engraved gold LP10.

The Chinese shooters, that usually use LP10 pistols (Wenjun Guo for instance) were using a Morini pistol.

Does that mean a change of sponsorship for the Chinese 10m pistol team ? Morini is may be afraid of the concurence of the LP10E ?
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Apropos Morini: Did anyone have the possibility to shoot Steyr lp10e as well as the Morini 162EI? And if yes, what´s the difference and why? I know shooters who would never ever change from Steyr to Morini, and vice versa.
So it would be interesting if anyone did so and why!
Best regards
Max