Pulling shots high and right is killing my scores!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lastman

Post by lastman »

Another thing you get from dry firing is the lack of a distraction.

Many shooters take their focus off the sights and look at the card once the shot has broken. Dry firing stops that because there is nothing to look at.

The different feel you experience when the pistol fires live as opposed to dry firing is of no real consequence. The shot has already broken.
pistol newbie

Post by pistol newbie »

if you done all fundamental well maybe iris on your shooting glass will help.
after i attach iris on my shooting glass i can see f sight clearly. setting your trigger so you can touch it with finger and you can pull it straight back and don't move your f sight. For me trigger F sight is a F car window and trigger is my steering wheel grip is my chair.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

pistol newbie wrote:if you done all fundamental well maybe iris on your shooting glass will help.
after i attach iris on my shooting glass i can see f sight clearly. setting your trigger so you can touch it with finger and you can pull it straight back and don't move your f sight. For me trigger F sight is a F car window and trigger is my steering wheel grip is my chair.
Irises are generally considered a bad thing. A better solution to not being able to focus on the foresight is getting the correct lens. Irises work by increasing depth of field and hence rearsight, foresight and target are all in focus. That makes it very difficult for our brains to sort out the most important bits i.e. the foresight. Another side effect of irises is that they reduce the amount of light getting to the eye and they can therefore increase eye strain. The only positive use of an iris I can think of is when you keep the iris wide open and use it as a centering device, to ensure consistency of head position.

Rob.