fwb 65 lubrication/resealing

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
melchloboo

fwb 65 lubrication/resealing

Post by melchloboo »

When resealing/respringing a 65 pistol, what lubrication (if any) is applied and where? And ongoing, any parts to lube?

I have successfully resealed/resprung a 300s rifle, if that helps, and have some of the moly grease and clp that was used for that.

Aside from the guide here on pilk guns, are there more detailed assembly/disassembly guides out there. When I did the 300s, I found 3 or 4 online that helped me through.

Thanks.
TomTom

Post by TomTom »

47.3D. Beeman/Feinwerkbau Match Air Pistols Model 65 Shop Manual- devoted to the FWB Model 65 air pistols. Also was useful for similar pistols such as the FWB 80.Mainly covers the details of disassembly and reassembly. For historical purposes only. 7 pages, 5.5" x 8" (14 x 22 cm) with a central spread exploded view parts diagram. Original Beeman shop manual $24.95.

47.3C Copy of above $14.95 - since all "C' items are photocopies, rather than originals, we cannot run out.
www.beemans.net under For Sale

I’ve not seen this shop manual anywhere on the net. Hope this helps.
RB6

Post by RB6 »

I just replaced my broken mainspring and seals etc this week and I have previously replaced the seals and piston ring about 10 years ago as well. For the most part the 300 is similar if not the same as a 65. Leave your email address and i will contact you with the O/H procedures that were passed on to me by pilkguns gunsmith when i did the first reseal on my 65 mark 1
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Thanks, I pm'd you my email.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just out of curiosity, what is the spring situation for the 65, 80, 90 set? Are the dual spring set-ups available?

Post by Guest »

tdrew

Dual spring setup for FWB MK 65

Post by tdrew »

If you have a single spring FWB MK 65, can you convert it to a dual spring power plant. I see you can get the two springs, would this also require a different spring guide etc?
Thanks,
Terry Drew
Gnr527

Post by Gnr527 »

I stripped both FWB 80 and FWB 90 some months ago and believe that any of the 65,80,90's will accept either one or two springs.

Mark Cones did a very good strip-down article if you Google him.

I am not at all clear as to how/why FWB changed/offered two/one spring - hopefully others more knowledgeable will enlighten us?

John

PS On the original question I also did a fair bit of scuffing around on the issue of lubrication and ended up putting minimal dabs of the FWB special grease on the action points(sear etc) and lightly greased the three slide rails with molybdenum-bisulphide grease (a lot of web discussion on lubrication!)
John
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi,

Yes my strip down guide is here:-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... u-Model-65

Direct link to the Strip Instructions

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... ost4545004

HTH

Mark
tdrew

where to buy springs, seals etc for FWB MK 65 air pistols

Post by tdrew »

Gnr527 wrote:I stripped both FWB 80 and FWB 90 some months ago and believe that any of the 65,80,90's will accept either one or two springs.

Mark Cones did a very good strip-down article if you Google him.

I am not at all clear as to how/why FWB changed/offered two/one spring - hopefully others more knowledgeable will enlighten us?

John

PS On the original question I also did a fair bit of scuffing around on the issue of lubrication and ended up putting minimal dabs of the FWB special grease on the action points(sear etc) and lightly greased the three slide rails with molybdenum-bisulphide grease (a lot of web discussion on lubrication!)
John
tdrew

FWB MK 65 how to get barrel off of receiver and shop manual

Post by tdrew »

melchloboo wrote:Thanks, I pm'd you my email.
Does anyone out there know how to get the barrel off the receiver for a FWB MK 65. I am in the process of restoring a fairly good pistol. Ive got it all apart except for the barrel off of the receiver. I need to get it off so I can have the two receiver aluminum casted parts epoxy painted. The barrel is steel, and I want to reblue it along with all the other steel parts. I think I see what is a snap ring inside the receiver at the end of the barrel, but it aint pretty trying to get it off. Maybe the gunsmigh who is going to do the reblue and the painting can figure it out for me. Also, I took pretty good photos when I took the trigger components apart, but was just wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a real shop manual like they would have at Beeman for total disassembly and assembly of this pistol for when Beeman back in the day would get one of these pistols in their shop to refurbish or fix for repairs. Please help if anyone out there can.
Send any information you have to:

tdrew44816@comcast.net
Regards,
Terry Drew