IS it possible a dealer has some of these stored away.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robinhoods

IS it possible a dealer has some of these stored away.

Post by robinhoods »

Special order. Delivery time - 4 week(s).
1 Year Limited Warranty
Feinwerkbau 103 Air Pistol .177"
Regular Price: $2,999.00
Price Now: $2,059.96
I'm waiting for an answer from him
Attachments
fwb_103_air pistol.jpg
fwb_103_air pistol.jpg (53.18 KiB) Viewed 6937 times
robinhoods

one of these.

Post by robinhoods »

toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Call me cynical, but I would call first. I would be shocked if any dealers in the US stocked more than 2 of those. If I'm not mistaken, when Midway USA sold Feinwerkbau products, they were simply taking orders (probably supplied by Beeman/Marksman, before the re-organization of the company.)

toznerd
robinhoods

Buy one of these

Post by robinhoods »

I know-just waiting for an answer from them.
But would someone pay over $2000 for a SSP pistol-even if it is a FWB 103.
You could get a heck of an air pistol for that price.
David F
Just my thoughts on it.
If I did get one that was new,I might shoot it once or twice and then just keep it and put it away and in ten or fifteen years from know just post it.
Maybe someone coould talk me into selling it.
robinhoods

they don'thave any 103 pistols oh well

Post by robinhoods »

I was dreaming
paw080

Re: they don'thave any 103 pistols oh well

Post by paw080 »

robinhoods wrote:I was dreaming
David, there's nothing wrong with dreaming. Dreams can provide impetus
for realization. To help your dreaming, contact Jim Edmundson, and ask
him to locate a used FWB 103 for you. his prices range from $1000 to $1200.
I'll take a used one at that price, because the used 103 will function exactly
as a new one will. I know you're new at this, so don't be put off by the paint
worn off the edges of the pistol. Most 10 meter match shooters do not
care about visual aesthetics such as bluing or grip wood appearance.

Tony G
william

Post by william »

I'm sure nobody at FWB could have predicted the near cult idol status these pistols have attained.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Makes you wonder what market there would be for a FWB 104.
william

Post by william »

Hopefully if there is a 104 it won't have the detachable lever. Years ago somebody wrote about his experience with a 103. He didn't anticipate the resistance to closing; he hadn't a firm grip on the end of the lever; the lever flew several feet away. I'm trying to imagine being at a major event (CAGP?) and asking an official to make the line safe because I had launched a vital piece of my pistol downrange.

Post by Guest »

william wrote:Years ago somebody wrote about his experience with a 103. He didn't anticipate the resistance to closing; he hadn't a firm grip on the end of the lever; the lever flew several feet away. I'm trying to imagine being at a major event (CAGP?) and asking an official to make the line safe because I had launched a vital piece of my pistol downrange.
Don't loose your time trying to imagine what would happen, it won't happen: nobody uses SSP pistols at major events anymore since a very long time.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I think it was the father of one of the shooters that used to shoot at Prado (site of the 84 Olympics shooting venue).
Rob in Pgh

Post by Rob in Pgh »

They come up used once in a while. But less and less lately. One came up on the Yellow for $1385 and I jumped on it. It is in excelent condition, comes with a hard case and has an extra lefty match grip. I was in contact with Jim Edmondson at the time. He said IF he could find one in excelent condition it would run $1200. He was not sure if he could find one and advised me to buy the one on the Yellow. So I did. I hope to have it next week.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi,

I've just managed to finally find a 103 for sale here in the U.K.

It took just 4 minutes from the advert being posted to me buying it! I've been looking for over 2 months for a 103 or a 100 or 102.

I've struck lucky as it has the Morini medium grip (My size) and is in almost perfect condition in the original case, with the instructions.

I'll see how it compares to my Models 65, 90 and C10 in the Feinwerkbau range that I have been gradually collecting.

Thanks

Mark
robinhoods

nice going

Post by robinhoods »

A great buy-I saw the one in the yellow but didn't have enough and now I have nothing in my toy account.Spending on some stuff I don't really need.
It will take me 2 months to come up with enough to buy a 103.
Oh well,it's hard when you start to drool because someone posts a FWB model 90 or the 100. You know one might not come along again for sometime.
Let me know how it shoots compared to your other pistols.
David

Re: nice going

Post by Guest »

robinhoods wrote:A great buy-I saw the one in the yellow but didn't have enough and now I have nothing in my toy account.Spending on some stuff I don't really need.
It will take me 2 months to come up with enough to buy a 103.
Oh well,it's hard when you start to drool because someone posts a FWB model 90 or the 100. You know one might not come along again for sometime.
Let me know how it shoots compared to your other pistols.
David
I was in a similar situation when I saw the FWB 103 for sale. I had just sent my $1000 down payment that I had saved up for a USFT off to buy an AA 410 in a walnut MPR stock. So when the 103 was posted I was broke. The gentleman selling it was kind enough to give me a couple of months to pay it off. But as luck would have it I was able to sell my custom Beeman FT HW97 instantly for most of the cost of the 103. Now I have to come up with the USFT down payment again.

I'll let you know how it shoots when I get it tomorrow. But as for me being a formal 10 meter shooter, I'm far from it. I have a Walther CPM-1 and an FWB 603 junior. I used to shoot in my old house with the 603 jr a lot. But now that I've moved to the stix I shoot more outdoors. So the 603jr and the Walther have not seen too much action.

Funny thing is that when I recieved the Walther last fall I realized I am left eye dominant. But the Walther has right handed large Rink grips. So I was thinking of selling the grips for a medium left handed set, even though I'm right handed. Go figure... I'm right handed but left eye dominant. The FWB 103 comes with an extra left handed medium grip. So I can give that a try. I hope it works out good. My right shoulder has a full tear in the rotator cuff. so lefty might work beter for me... We'll see.
robinhoods

FWB 103

Post by robinhoods »

If it does not work out for you just email me.
Thanks
David F
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Can't resist putting in my 2 cents :-)
I have a FWB P44 and a 103. I like them both and shoot both in matches. If anything, the 103 has a slightly better trigger. The removable cocking lever makes it feel much like the P44. BTW, no one who knows how the cocking lever works would ever 'launch one downrange'. If you can find one for $1200 jump on it. I paid considerably more for mine - LNIB - a few years ago.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi,

I managed to take a few pictures of my new Feinwerkbau 103 last night.

http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv35 ... %20Pistol/

It has had one owner from new. Bought in December 2007 in the U.K. I suspect it one one of the last few made.

The previous gentleman owner was finding the cocking lever a bit too much hence the sale.

He has been very careful with it as you can see from the photos. Even the base of the lever has all the paint intact. No major wear marks at all.

Again with RWS R10 Match pellets.
Done on the the Lincs HFT clubs Skan Pro 1 Mk 2 chrono I just repaired.

Ft/Sec Ft/lbs
517.39 4.161884516
521.92 4.235082189
521.92 4.235082189
516.49 4.147417912
518.29 4.176376308
526.54 4.31039135
523.76 4.26499592
521.01 4.220326805
525.61 4.29517836
520.10 4.20559717

I get to try it out on a target later tonight.

Thanks

Mark
Rob in Pgh

Post by Rob in Pgh »

Yep mine got delivered on Monday. It's real nice and in excelent shape. The only wear is a very small rub/wear mark on the bottom of the lever. It came with lefty Morini medium grips and a case. I played with it some and I really like it so far. I'm going to run it over the chrono when I get a chance.

kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Cones, Rob, no more pics on the 103, you´ll make robinhoods drool all over
the screen and he won't be able to sleep at night!

Kevho

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.