Morini 84E lubrication

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jsealc21

Morini 84E lubrication

Post by jsealc21 »

I have a morini ,but no manual. The pilkguns page does not mention any lubrication...should there be any lube anywhere in all the metal-to- metal moving parts...e.g. operating lever and breechblock ? thankyou
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Courtesy of our fine host:

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/cm84emanual.pdf

The manual makes no mention, I note in the 162E1 air pistol manual they mention something about "long lasting lubricants" or somesuch being applied at the factory.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I don't like metal-to-metal contact without having a lubricant in there. I use Shooter's Choice High Tech grease on my Morini 162EI, Morini 84E, and FWB 601. It does the job and I haven't noticed any ill effects.
jsealc21

lube

Post by jsealc21 »

Are there any specific locations,and does its application require any disassembly,other than the grip?
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Do a search on my posts - a few years ago I posted a description of how to disassemble and clean the CM84E. I believe it also includes a description of where/how to lubricate on re-assembly. In essence the lubrication points are on the cocking lever and the hinge pins for the cocking lever and the breech block. White lithium grease has proven to be an excellent lubricant for this purpose.
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Mark Briggs wrote:Do a search on my posts - a few years ago I posted a description of how to disassemble and clean the CM84E. I believe it also includes a description of where/how to lubricate on re-assembly. In essence the lubrication points are on the cocking lever and the hinge pins for the cocking lever and the breech block. White lithium grease has proven to be an excellent lubricant for this purpose.
thankyou Mark,fantastic !! all printed out and ready to clean....a great help
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

where is it? we will add it to the 10P files
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

pilkguns wrote:where is it? we will add it to the 10P files

Hi Scott,if you search" Mark Briggs",it will be on page 7,nov 29,2004,author paul T,entitled cm84e breech block and firing pin...scroll down to Mark's reply. I'm sorry I don't know how to do a direct link. regards Jonathan
LukeP

Post by LukeP »