What pistol did Sergei Pyzhianov use when he set the record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

What pistol did Sergei Pyzhianov use when he set the record

Post by robinhoods »

I know Jin Jong-oh shot 594 with the LP-10 to break his record but what pistol did Sergei use.
I know it was a CO2.
David
kevinweiho

RE: What airpistol did Sergei Pyzhianov use?

Post by kevinweiho »

Robin, i believe Sergei used the FWB model C-20 or FWB model 2 to set the amazing score of 593.

I doubt anybody will beat his record today using a CO2 match pistol.

Sergei is really the master in 10 m. airpistol!
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Hi David, Sergi held two records, first the match record with an FWB mod 2,
and the match plus ten shot final with a Steyr LP1-C.
David, if you can do it, your new to you Pardini K58
can also break a world record. Have fun with it, SSP's
are very good training tools.

Tony G
Last edited by paw080 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDK

Post by MDK »

The current world record with final is 695,1 (Sergei Pyzhianov, Munich oct 13 1989 with a LP1 CO2 593 + 102.1)
Oz

Post by Oz »

MDK wrote:The current world record with final is 695,1 (Sergei Pyzhianov, Munich oct 13 1989 with a LP1 CO2 593 + 102.1)
Yeah, Jin Jong-oh's final was less than spectacular ;-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Oz wrote:
MDK wrote:The current world record with final is 695,1 (Sergei Pyzhianov, Munich oct 13 1989 with a LP1 CO2 593 + 102.1)
It did include a long (and confusing) break when the paper roll on his target jammed with 2-3 shots(from memory) still to go. Th be fair though, his final to that point would not have given him an FWR.
jipe

Post by jipe »

David Levene wrote:
Oz wrote:
It did include a long (and confusing) break when the paper roll on his target jammed with 2-3 shots(from memory) still to go. Th be fair though, his final to that point would not have given him an FWR.
Agree totally with David: he didn't had a fair chance to beat the record.

His target got problems in the middle of the final (if you look at the video, obviously Jin saw that something was going wrong before the judges decided to interrupt the final).

Then the final was interrupted to fix the problem and all shooters got a second serie of sights shots before the final was re-started.

At that level of performances, it is definitely something that completely disturb the shooter's concentration especially when he knows that he is shooting to beat a 20 years old world record !
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jipe wrote: At that level of performances, it is definitely something that completely disturb the shooter's concentration especially when he knows that he is shooting to beat a 20 years old world record !
Do you really think shooters at that level get there by thinking about scores and world records ? He will be concentrating on the shot process and shooting good shots. Don't forget his malfunction pauses the finals for everyone else too, so they are on a level playing field.

Rob.
jipe

Post by jipe »

RobStubbs wrote:
jipe wrote: At that level of performances, it is definitely something that completely disturb the shooter's concentration especially when he knows that he is shooting to beat a 20 years old world record !
Do you really think shooters at that level get there by thinking about scores and world records ? He will be concentrating on the shot process and shooting good shots. Don't forget his malfunction pauses the finals for everyone else too, so they are on a level playing field.

Rob.
Yes, of course, as anybody they, are influenced to some level by the importance of the event. And for Jin, this event = opportunity to set a new World Record was really unique, who knows when he will have another chance, if it ever happens !

You also see that clearly in the fact that Olympic Records are lower than World Records that can be shot at less important = lower mental pressure events like a world cup (there are also more opportunities to set a world record than an olympic record but that's part of the pressure, i.e. if you miss the opportunity, next one will only be four years later... if you are qualified).

Indeed the malfunction influenced the other shooters but first the influence was lower than for Jin who saw earlier that something was going wrong -> more shots were influenced by the malfunction (it was his own target that had the problem) and also in this final, Jin was not really shooting for the final (by the way, he won the final) but he was shooting for a world record.

For information. below the results of Jin:
http://results.sius.com/ResultsData/200 ... s/1214.pdf
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jipe wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:

Rob.
Yes, of course, as anybody they, are influenced to some level by the importance of the event. And for Jin, this event = opportunity to set a new World Record was really unique, who knows when he will have another chance, if it ever happens !
With respect, they are not. They understand the importance of getting the process right and concentrating on the technique - the scores (outcomes) look after themselves. You will never break a world record if you think about doing so as the nerves will wipe you out.

Olympic records are lower (sometimes) because they only occur every 4 years - the opportunities are therefore much less.

Rob.
Anshutz

Post by Anshutz »

Try telling that to Matt Emmons. We all suffer from nerves, it's how we coupe with them that matters.
Craig

Post by Craig »

jipe wrote: For information. below the results of Jin:
http://results.sius.com/ResultsData/200 ... s/1214.pdf
Wow. I don't think anyone would really be disappointed in that performance, WR not broken notwithstanding. Notice the 9's are relatively far out. Does he still shoot?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Craig wrote:Does he still shoot?
His WR was only last year. He also won the World Cup Final last year in both AP60 and 50m Pistol and his World Ranking in both events is number 1 (by quite a margin).

I guess the answer to your question is "yes".
robinhoods

what gun did he use

Post by robinhoods »

Matt Emmons
Is that the guy who had the gold locked up but shot at the wrong target on the last shot.

Man I would throw up if I did that. How many chances do you get to win gold in a lifetime.
David
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

David, Matt had two chances in two seprate olympics that turned out similar.

Rob, am I misunderstanding you, are you saying top athletes aren't effected by sitituations outside the competition? I sort of hope that's not why you're saying because there s tons of evidence of top athletes amateur and professional that have choked or been distracted and have had poor performances because if it.