Any thoughts on Matchguns MG1?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Singh

Any thoughts on Matchguns MG1?

Post by Singh »

I had an opportunity to use a Matchguns MG1 air pistol last month along with the well know LP10. I am not very experienced but to me the MG1 felt better in the hand and obviously provided better results.
Not knowing much about the intricacies of it all I wonder if you guys can share what you know and think about the MG1 vs LP10.
thanks.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i had the oportunity to shot briefly an mg-1 and an mg-1e when i was searching for an airpistol before i bought a second hand lp10 (without bearings in trigger). lp10 is a great pistol but for me is the most unforgiving even if it has the most tweak options. also the sights are not black enough for me. mg-1 and mg-1e have wonderful triggers, good sights and qood balance. quality of all of them is very good. i was going to buy the mg1e but a small cash shortage and the low price of the used lp10 switched my decision. for me mg-1e is a very good pistol and if i had to choose between new mg1e and new lp10 i would prefer the mg-1e.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I own an MG1-E and must confess I really enjoy shooting it. After purchasing my MG1e I sold my Morini 162e. Its a good pistol and I would say a forgiving air pistol. I sadly don't have time to train as much as I used too, but the number of good quality shots is the same as it was when I was trainning seriously with my Morini. Plus there was absolutely no change in the number of center shots or # of 10s.

Brian
ruig

Post by ruig »

Everything I could add, that Chervyakovskiy Sergey (new wave russian shooters) shots with MG1E.

On the 14th Feb he has won Russian Champs. with 593 and obviously he has qualified himself for ECH in Norway.

A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

My MG1E arrived today - first live fire test in 3 hrs. Balance is nice and I move my grip between my MG2RF/MG2ERF/MG4 and now MG1 so gives me a very familiar feel. Sights are nice with lots of adjustment (just like my MG2 and 4)

Looks like the Russian removed the balance weights.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

First day out the box and I set a new PB of 534 (2 x 5's messed up a 540+ score). Very nice pistol and everyone at the range had a go and very impressed as well especially with the trigger.
Singh

Post by Singh »

thanks guys, i am leaning towards the mg1....hadnt thought about getting the mg1e so far. is there a considerable difference between the two despite the trigger pressure being the same?
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

The MG1 mech trigger is very good, as is the trigger for the MG2 and MG4. I prefer the MG1e's trigger and the functionality of being able to dry fire with ease.

Brian
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

The trigger on the mg-1 I tried was very good and on par with FWB (C20, P34 from my club), Steyr (LP10 I have), etc.