New Dress Code Interpretation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bryan

Post by bryan »

no problem, just wear the sporty olympic snow board uniform, ripped blue jeans, down around your ankles. lol
Barney

Post by Barney »

Apparently they are ski pants made to look like jeans ??? but without seeing them in person they just look like jeans to me also.

As per what ISSF/IOC is saying, weather they are or not they look like jeans so they should be told not to wear them.

Surely they could just use "normal" ski pants.

Barney
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

Once the olympics are over i will try to get hold of a pair of the Norwegian curling team pants. They are just awesome.
Koku

Post by Koku »

It was so very refreshing to hear the talk of the curling commentary team, apparently curling is doing great as a sport for all and sundry (in Canada I'm assuming).

Having fresh thinking like fancy pants etc shows how change can work. The ISSF with it's continued clamping down creates the impression of a clinical, cold, lifeless org.

Not sure if this has been seen yet:

http://www.issf-sports.org/news/top_current_news.ashx

Some specific mentions of the seat patch reinforcement etc.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Koku wrote:Not sure if this has been seen yet:

http://www.issf-sports.org/news/top_current_news.ashx

Some specific mentions of the seat patch reinforcement etc.
Here and here.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Thank god I'm not a good enough shooter to be bothered by all that crap. Shuddering to think what would happen if I were a 580+ shooter and some overweight guy in a suit tried to make change my clothes... I acknowledge that the olympic status of sports shooting is essential in some countries to keep it legal, but sometimes I wonder if it attracts the wrong kind of apparatchiks at the top, and if we wouldn't be better off without that bunch of would-be-TV-superstars.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:Shuddering to think what would happen if I were a 580+ shooter and some overweight guy in a suit tried to make change my clothes...
Don't blame the range staff or Jury members if they are just applying the rules and official interpretations.

If one person is breaking the rules then the range staff have a responsibility to every other shooter on the line who is complying with the rules.

As I've posted several times however there is nothing to stop the organisers of matches, other than ISSF Supervised ones, saying that the dress code interpretations will not be applied.

My club, for example, has issued the following addition to our competition rules:-

"In February 2010 the ISSF issued a “Dress Code”; an interpretation of the existing rules. That interpretation will not be applied at BPC meetings or matches."
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Your club did well.
They did well because the purported ISSF "interpretation" goes far beyond the legal range of a mere interpretation, but actually attempts to make new rules, without following the prescribed procedure. It is thus partially invalid, due to lack of competence.
Lima

Post by Lima »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -gold.html

"One player, Rebecca Johnston, even tried to drive the ice-resurfacing machine."

Nice. The benefits of not being funded I guess.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

This is a perfect example of why USA shooting has this "silly" rules for underage athletes.

Marcus
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

2-0 Victory over the USA
Olympic Gold Medal
Coors Light with a champagne Chaser
Priceless....

Gatorade any one?

Cheers
Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The problem is also a legal problem. The ISSF executive committe (13 members) went overboard in its zeal. It gave an opinion which is no longer a (licit) interpretation and clarification of an existing rule - the purpose and limitation of any interpretative attempt -, but which actually is a totally new rulemaking.

The committee did not have the statutory competence to do so (nor did it observe the procedure prescribed thereby), and its exceeding interpretation therefore is simply invalid and legally not binding for the athletes. Only the administrative council (37 members) could do this.

As to quote the ISSF themselves, in another but parallel context:
ISSF Rules do not change until the ISSF Administrative Council approves changes and nothing in those minutes has been approved.

If (!) the ISSF wanted to competely break with existing longtime practice and with the common and hitherto considered proper sportive usage, and wanted henceforth decide to forbid the wearing of blue jeans and/or shorts in hot climates during competition, they might possibly do so, but they would have to enact a new and proper rule in the rulebook explicitly forbidding this. This has not been done, and it cannot be substituted through a mere "interpretation" ultra vires.

Some animadversions have missed the point, because they mixed two very different situations in his conspect: the actual competition, and the later ceremony. The ceremony can be a lot tighter regulated.
Last edited by Alexander on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest26

Shooting clothes

Post by guest26 »

I just love to shoot. I don't care what we wear.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The ISSF have issued a slightly revised version of the Dress Code.

The only difference I have noted is the addition of point 10 (but there may be others).

How dare they insinuate that range staff and jury members would ever be anything other than immaculately dressed (only joking).
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

C'mon .... you cannot say you are surprised by this.

Point 11 is reserved for spectators in the range
Point 12 will be for spectators on the other side of the 'tube

This is getting entertaining to say the very least
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

jhmartin wrote:Point 12 will be for spectators on the other side of the 'tube
Can't we just start there? This is where an enforcement of a proper sports spirits clothing code is certainly MOST needed! :-P

Alexander
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ISSF Executive

Post by Guest »

ISSF Executive Committee clothing requirement:

mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Thanks, now they will use that picture in the rule book. I'm too old to wear mouse ears.

Mike
Wichita KS
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

mikeschroeder wrote:Thanks, now they will use that picture in the rule book. I'm too old to wear mouse ears.
Seniors will be allowed donkey caps.

Alexander
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:The ISSF have issued a slightly revised version of the Dress Code.

The only difference I have noted is the addition of point 10 (but there may be others).

How dare they insinuate that range staff and jury members would ever be anything other than immaculately dressed (only joking).
Someone must be reading this forum and updating the 'interpretations' live - hopefully not so live though that Mickey makes it in ;)

Rob.