SCatt, rika, konsberg trainer question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pinda

SCatt, rika, konsberg trainer question

Post by pinda »

I am new to 50 m prone. I want to improve my shooting by more practice at home. I would like to know how are the targets simulated at longer distances if only the real distance is 10 m. Are the targets printed smaller perhaps? If they are not wouldn't aiming at a large target at close range cause problems when doing the real thing?
RobStubbs

Re: SCatt, rika, konsberg trainer question

Post by RobStubbs »

pinda wrote:I am new to 50 m prone. I want to improve my shooting by more practice at home. I would like to know how are the targets simulated at longer distances if only the real distance is 10 m. Are the targets printed smaller perhaps? If they are not wouldn't aiming at a large target at close range cause problems when doing the real thing?
You are correct in that targets are printed smaller. You can do so yourself with the Scatt software, which is free to download and can be run on any PC.

Rob.
pinda

Post by pinda »

That 50m target at 10m real distance must look like a dot.
BartP

Dot

Post by BartP »

Hi Pinda,

Yes, it will be a considerably smaller dot.

I use a noptel system. The longest distance I can shoot in my home is just over 5 meters. The card that holds the reflectors has a pre-printed dot in the center and it was far too large at that short a distance. I used Microsoft Publisher to print a dot that fits my normal sight picture as I continue to use my current 50 meter aperture. I simply pasted it over the pre-printed dot on the card. Works great.

BParnall
pinda

Re: Dot

Post by pinda »

BartP wrote:Hi Pinda,

Yes, it will be a considerably smaller dot.

I use a noptel system. The longest distance I can shoot in my home is just over 5 meters. The card that holds the reflectors has a pre-printed dot in the center and it was far too large at that short a distance. I used Microsoft Publisher to print a dot that fits my normal sight picture as I continue to use my current 50 meter aperture. I simply pasted it over the pre-printed dot on the card. Works great.

BParnall
I figured they would have had various dots to print based on the simulated distance and the real distance used e.g. 5m in your case.