Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brakarzac

Free Pistol

Post by brakarzac »

If money was no object, what would your preferred free pistol be if you had a choise of a brand new Toz 35 with Morini grip or a brand new Morini CM84E and why?

I am about to buy my first free pistol and I dont have a lot of time to test each model out before I buy.

Thanks in advance
Rover

Post by Rover »

John Zurek owns and uses both, at least until his Tozini is finished being built.

You may think I'm joking, but I'm not.
mjmarz

Toz vs Morini

Post by mjmarz »

The toz has a slightly longer reach between the backstrap and the rear most trigger setting. If you have fairly short fingers, fitting the toz can be somewhat of a struggle, ie read a lot of grip carving and still a compromised finger trigger position. Many of the club guns that came from eastern europe actually had the receivers ground down at the corners to help compensate for the longer reach. Additionally, parts are starting to get scarce for the TOZ.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Thanks for the advice.
I will definately go for the Morini then, especially if Toz parts become harder to find should the worst happen.

Cheers
paulo

Post by paulo »

I advise you to try them first and get a feeling for which you like most.
They both are very accurate.
I have a TOZ with Morini grips, it is the gun I most enjoy shooting, and I am not too worried about spare parts, there is always a away.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Build it and they will come."

There are parts out there, but they may be hard to find. There are a hell of a lot more TOZ out there than Morini.

"What, me worry."
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I think it would be best for you to use what little time you have to test several free pistols. The time you invest there will give you great returns on the range as well as in the wallet, especially if you find the pistol everyone else shoots just doesn't feel right in your hand.
It takes a great commitment of time to shoot a free pistol well and that commitment starts with the choice of firearm.
Ben

Post by Guest »

On the other hand, you can get a complete TOZ for what the trigger of the Morini costs. So much for the parts. And the two of them are not in the least similar to shoot. Spare parts can't the the one and only factor.
Chris

Post by Chris »

buy 2 Toz35m and you will be good to go. I have had mine for 14 years and it still works great. 3 years ago I got a second one. The only part I have had to replace was the firing pin spring of which there is a very similar part out there you can use.

Morini grip ultra modified. I would venture to say anyone looking at it would not be able to tell it it a Morini grip.

Post by Guest »

Rover Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Zurek owns and uses both, at least until his Tozini is finished being built.

You may think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Zurek isn't the first one to have a custom toz built. He is probably getting a copy of one that someone else has.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yeah. Lots of farkles available for them, as a search on here will show.
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

Still... the original quote states "if money was no object" ... I would go for the Morini.
Although myself I'm trying a Toz, I'm having troubles with too short fingers. I hoped that it would fit me but I'm afraid at the end I still will buy something else (the dream is a MG5E).
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

ken4all wrote:(the dream is a MG5E).
Niet dromen KOPEN!*
*Don't dream BUY!
Last edited by gunnery on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TB

Post by TB »

gunnery wrote:
Niet dromen KOPEN!*
*Not dreams BUY!
Could you elaborate on that? You have previously stated that you were very happy with your MG5!
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

I am very happy with my Mg5:
much better than my toz
lighter
more adjustable
very good compensator
Tailored gun grip
and .... cheap

Post by Guest »

Is there a distributor in the US for Matchguns now? Neal Stepp no longer mentions them on his website. (Yes, I know. I should email him and ask. I thought this might be a general interest question).
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Anonymous wrote:Is there a distributor in the US for Matchguns now? Neal Stepp no longer mentions them on his website. (Yes, I know. I should email him and ask. I thought this might be a general interest question).
No Guest, you should phone him and ask. You'll get more thorough info,
and have the opportunity to clarify his response(s).

Tony G
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

gunnery wrote:
Niet dromen KOPEN!*
*Don't dream BUY!
after buying a pardini SP1 and getting new shooting glasses from Mec, I think I'll wait a bit... to keep the wife happy ;-)
TB

Post by TB »

ken4all wrote:after buying a pardini SP1 and getting new shooting glasses from Mec, I think I'll wait a bit... to keep the wife happy ;-)
I know how you feel, if I diden't consider my wifes opinion at all, I would have a twice as many pistols and all brand new:-)
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

TB wrote:
ken4all wrote:after buying a pardini SP1 and getting new shooting glasses from Mec, I think I'll wait a bit... to keep the wife happy ;-)
I know how you feel, if I diden't consider my wifes opinion at all, I would have a twice as many pistols and all brand new:-)
Maybe so , but would you still have a wife ????