how to disasemble izh35m mag

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pistolsmurf

how to disasemble izh35m mag

Post by pistolsmurf »

How is it done? Tried to pull out the bottom, after removing pin, but impossible(maybe i am to week?) pictures would be nice. Pretty-please...
Help me.
Thanks- Mikkel, Denmark
j-team

Post by j-team »

I think that they drill the pin in after assembly. So, there is a burr from the steel into the plastic base, this is why it is so hard to pull out after you have removed the pin. You will have to be brutal to get them apart!

Why do you want to take them apart? If only for cleaning, just hold down the follower and use a .22cal bronze brush on a short cleaning rod, then a small peice of rag also in the cleaning rod to reach down inside.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

The pins are staked in.
Even if you can remove them its hard to get the plastic part out due to the burr, you can drill it out and refit a larger pin.
Be very careful which solvents you use to clean the mag as the follower and baseplate can dissolve....
pistolsmurf

Post by pistolsmurf »

Thank for the answers.
I do have a problem with cycling, because the front of the bullet dont go all the way up inside the mag. Allthough the mag seems pretty new, the spring might bee out of order(not free to move)?
Mikkel
paulo

Post by paulo »

I had a magazine drop, and one of the front posts got bent, and was giving me a similar problem.
If you are brave enough to dismantle the magazines, I recommend you file the inside of the magazines, there is some extra metal, that as mentioned cause some trouble and clearly show that these were not meant for disassembly.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I have seen a few Izh35 mags with burrs inside which interfere with free movement, also a buildup of wax inside the front where the tip of the bullet rides can cause the same problem.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I rang our importer and he sent me a new magazine and a whole stack of spares for about $30 Australian. It appears new magazines are readily available. I have never touched the spare but it is comfort knowing that I have it, should either of the two mags which came with my IZZY decide to play up.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Which importer? I could do with a few bits.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Keith Anderson in Sydney. As far as I know he handles all IZH-35Ms coming into Australia. His company name escapes me but I am sure that if you did an internet search you would come up with it. Gte back to me if you have no luck.
Cheers Colin
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

That would be Industek then, thanks.