Sight upgrade for TOZ 35/35m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jmpcmd@telus.net

Sight upgrade for TOZ 35/35m

Post by jmpcmd@telus.net »

Can anyone recommend modern sights for a TOZ 35/35m? Any pictures of the modification would be helpful.
j-team

Re: Sight upgrade for TOZ 35/35m

Post by j-team »

jmpcmd@telus.net wrote:Can anyone recommend modern sights for a TOZ 35/35m? Any pictures of the modification would be helpful.
Can you tell us what's wrong with the original sights?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

jmpcmd@telus.net wrote:Can anyone recommend modern sights for a TOZ 35/35m? Any pictures of the modification would be helpful.
Search on the forum, there is one thread with Pardini sight modification, and photo.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I have made a sight modification to the standard TOZ sight---it's merely a brass filler added to the sight to enhance the ability to get a full downward adjustment before the knob bottoms.. I will take some pix today and post later. "Doc"
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I have a pardini rear sight on my toz, you need an adaptor plate (custom) to fit it onto the rear of the toz rear sight.

I have heard a Morini AP rear sight can very easiy be grafted onto a Toz. I saw one of these at the USA Nationals last year, but do not know whats required to make it fit. It did look very nice and I would be tempted if I shot other mother moini pistols and wanted all the rear sights to look the same.

Brian
jmpcmd@telus.net

TOZ sight modification.

Post by jmpcmd@telus.net »

I have also heard of the Morini sight swap. I shoot a Morini 162ei and quite like those sights, specifically the adjustable rear sight notch and the large dia. front sights. If anyone has swapped for the Morini sight a picture would be great.

THX

Brian: I just picked up a TOZ to rebuild from Brandon Manitoba, great shape, good price. Thanks for your response on the CND site.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Brian James wrote:I have a pardini rear sight on my toz, you need an adaptor plate (custom) to fit it onto the rear of the toz rear sight.
I have a pardini read sight on my toz too, and definitely DON'T need any adapter: only two longer screws and nuts to fix in position the blade.

viewtopic.php?p=115342&highlight=#115342
GUEST22

sight upgrade for Toz 35/35M

Post by GUEST22 »

Gartland Precision builds Custom Toz pistols to include sight upgrades using the Morini rear sight. All of the modified Toz Freepistols in the final at Nationals was built there.
www.gartlandprecisionllc.com
j-team

Post by j-team »

j-team wrote: Can you tell us what's wrong with the original sights?
So, there's nothing wrong with them then?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

j-team wrote:
j-team wrote: Can you tell us what's wrong with the original sights?
So, there's nothing wrong with them then?
Basically not.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

With the Pardini and Morini you can adjust the rear sight width easier . That does not mean there is anything wrong with the orginal sights.

Brian
j-team

Post by j-team »

Brian James wrote:With the Pardini and Morini you can adjust the rear sight width easier . That does not mean there is anything wrong with the orginal sights.

Brian
OK, now how many of us who have pistols with adjustable width rearsights actually adjust them regularly?

I think if honesty answered, it will be a case of fiddled with it when it was new, settled on favourite width and leave it at that. Or, in my case wound them out to as wide as they go.

A Toz comes with a handful of different front and rear sights. Find the ones you like (don't try to "make it more accurate" by choosing a narrow rear) and put them on. Then work on watching them, holding and trigger.

Post by Guest »

Don't forget to pray for a rear- and a frontsight that weren't welded on by a drunk worker on monday morning - I've seen TOZ frames and sights that were WAY off.... So most TOZ mods herearound start with just plain put-all-the-stuff-at-90 degrees-to-each-other and then go further from there. Me dad has a Morini rearsight on his, and that sight picture is far better than the original.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

[quote="j-team

A Toz comes with a handful of different front and rear sights. Find the ones you like (don't try to "make it more accurate" by choosing a narrow rear) and put them on. Then work on watching them, holding and trigger.[/quote]

You're right shooters generally enjoy tinkering with their pistols. However, being able to adjust your rear sight with is something I value and have used. I'm saying you can buy points with changing your rear sight, I am simply saying it offers added flexibility to the shooter.

As well, many Toz's available to shooters locally may only have 1 or 2 rear sight blades and usually 1's the half circle.

Brian
j-team

Post by j-team »

Brian,

I count myself amoung the tinkerers. So long as the tinkering is done for the enjoyment of tinkering that's fine, but, when tinkering is done in the hope that it will improve performance it's a waste of time, in fact counter productive.

By the way, don't dismiss the U (or half circle) rearsight as no good. A frontsight carefully centred in one of those works just fine. I used one on my air pistol for a few years, shot the same scores as I did with the square notch! The Russians knew a thing or two about pistol shooting when the supplied Toz with both square and U rearsights.