Compensator for Hammerli 104 Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

Compensator for Hammerli 104 Free Pistol

Post by Alex L »

Please can anyone help me - I want a compensator for my Hammerli 104.

On Nov 13, 2008, under the heading Ronpistolero he was experimenting with a plastic, and later on with an aluminium compensator for these Hammerlis.
The guy who was named with an email address, later in the chat, was Not the right person. He was someone in Sweden who makes them only for Moroni pistols

Can anyone put me in touch with this person - Ronpistolero - (under the name Ron)?

We never heard anything further about his experiment. I have a good model 104, and have no intention of buying a new gun, but would like to fix this one up. This idea that he was claiming sounded good, and might suit my type of shooting.

Thanks.
Alex L - in very hot Melbourne, Oz.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Hi Alex
After all these years of shooting, why would you want to put a compensator on your Hammerli?

Is it going to improve your scores? Probably not.

Will it make your pistol more saleable when the debilitations of age finally make you give up the sport you love? Possibly.

Will you have a better looking pistol than me when we line up on the 50m range? Probably.

And finally, is the cost of fitting that bit of plastic or aluminium really worth it? Doubtful.

Just my thoughts on the matter. See you at the Yarra Open on November 28-29.
Colin

Post by Guest »

If im not mistaken isnt the 104 almost identical to the toz35. you could do the same modification that has been done on the 35. I probably wouldnt worry about doing it as the extra weight may be an issue. the accuracy gain is probably irrelevant unless you are in a grade or higher.