American barrel for the 84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

American barrel for the 84E

Post by scerir »

I realize that the French shooter Lapeyre - http://www.walterlapeyre.fr/ -
uses an American looong barrel - Pac-Nor - on his 84E. It seems that Yves Delnord realized an exceptional work to adapt the barrel on the pistol : "chambrage", fitting, polishing, grinding, assembly, manufacturing of front sight, treatment.
http://www.walterlapeyre.fr/eng/photo.php
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Interesting. It appears to be extra long, but heavily tapered & fluted to keep the weight down. From the look of it, it's quite a bit lighter than the factory setup.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Btw, it seems there is another "compensator" for the 84E, it is made in Italy, somewhere, not in CH. In other words, it is not a Morini item.
Go here http://www.bersagliomobile.com/ then you can download (link at the top of the page) a huge catalogue. On page 9 of the catalogue you'll see that "compensator." Notice that a similar one is on page 14 (for the Toz 35M). Another similar "compensator" for the 162E seems good, imo better and a bit heavier than the original one.
TB

Post by TB »

They list a Match Guns MG4E, have never hard of that. Did not know either that FAS SP607 and CF603 were still on the market. Interesting!
Leon

Post by Leon »

TB wrote:They list a Match Guns MG4E, have never hard of that. Did not know either that FAS SP607 and CF603 were still on the market. Interesting!
Just try ordering one and see how far you get. I've tried a number of times to order a new 607 and 603 and have now given up...

Post by Guest »

how nice would it be to train with tenex
TB

Post by TB »

Anonymous wrote:how nice would it be to train with tenex
Just about as nice as to trains with any other kind of decent ammo but a lot more expensive!
Virgil

Post by Virgil »

Leon wrote:
TB wrote: They list a Match Guns MG4E, have never hard of that. !
It's a misprint/misunderstanding. The gun in mind was the very bad Morini 104E One of the worst ever. On par with the Match Guns MG2.
TB

Post by TB »

Virgil wrote:
Leon wrote:
TB wrote: They list a Match Guns MG4E, have never hard of that. !
It's a misprint/misunderstanding. The gun in mind was the very bad Morini 104E One of the worst ever. On par with the Match Guns MG2.
bla bla bla bla bla, yet another "guest" bad mouthing Match Guns. It may or may not be a misprint, but it has surely nothing to do with the 104E and on another note, the MG2 is a GREAT gun!
Anonymous guest

Post by Anonymous guest »

TB wrote: bla bla bla bla bla, yet another "guest" bad mouthing Match Guns.

and on another note, the MG2 is a GREAT gun!
another anonymous (registeret, but still anonymous) poster promoting the MG2.
The MG2 is a calamitious gun, in owners opinion. I think you've never owned nor fired any MG2, mr. anonymous "TB"?
TB

Post by TB »

Anonymous guest wrote:
TB wrote: bla bla bla bla bla, yet another "guest" bad mouthing Match Guns.

and on another note, the MG2 is a GREAT gun!
another anonymous (registeret, but still anonymous) poster promoting the MG2.
The MG2 is a calamitious gun, in owners opinion. I think you've never owned nor fired any MG2, mr. anonymous "TB"?
How come you think you are right to speak on all MG2 owners behalf? I am not promoting anything, I diden't even want to get into this discussion again I just mentioned that I never heard of a MG4E, but our guest "Virgil" (you????) decided to write a defamatory statement comparing the 104E with the MG2. This kind of ignorant comments almost always come from a guest, so it could very well be the very same person who have something against MG. Frequent registeret posters seems to have a more nuanced constructive picture of MG and not just ignorant negative comments. And eveyone that has ever been in contact with MG speaks highly of their costumer service. My MG2 is now almost one year old, aprox 6000 rounds and 0 malfunktions!
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Virgil wrote: It's a misprint/misunderstanding. The gun in mind was the very bad Morini 104E One of the worst ever. On par with the Match Guns MG2.
There has never been any "Morini 104E"!
So, I do not think you realy KNOW from experiense, do you?
(I have a 102E)
Kent
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

TB wrote: My MG2 is now almost one year old, aprox 6000 rounds and 0 malfunktions!
Mine has been equally reliable, with about the same # of rounds through it.
Virgil

My mistake..

Post by Virgil »

Reinhamre wrote:
Virgil wrote: It's a misprint/misunderstanding. The gun in mind was the very bad Morini 104E One of the worst ever. On par with the Match Guns MG2.
There has never been any "Morini 104E"!
So, I do not think you realy KNOW from experiense, do you?
(I have a 102E)
Kent
Yeah, It's the 102E. My mistake.
And it's bad....
scerir

102e

Post by scerir »

the 102e
(but I'm not sure my attachment works)
Attachments
Morini_102e.jpg
Morini_102e.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
scerir

Post by scerir »

"There has never been any "Morini 104E"!"
-----------
As far as I remember Cesare Morini made the 102e (22lr) and also a similar pistol in 32wc (but I do not remember if this one was the 104e or the 103e or something else). In any case the 32wc had huge problems indeed.
Virgil

Bad

Post by Virgil »

scerir wrote:"There has never been any "Morini 104E"!"
-----------
As far as I remember Cesare Morini made the 102e (22lr) and also a similar pistol in 32wc (but I do not remember if this one was the 104e or the 103e or something else). In any case the 32wc had huge problems indeed.
I hope you'll admit the 102E was bad?
scerir

Re: Bad

Post by scerir »

"I hope you'll admit the 102E was bad?"
-------
Personally I cannot say exactly that. My 102E was a good one, almost perfect, speaking about mechanics, electronics, balance, etc. But, yes, I remember that 22 lr cartridges needed some Ballistol oil :-) I also remember that many 102E had problems. [I also remember that the barrel of my Hammerli 280 32wc almost exploded during a rapid fire shooting, but this is another story ...]
jsealc21

thread hijacking is not polite

Post by jsealc21 »

those of you who let your egos get the better of you, should refrain from venting on what was an interesting topic,thus turning it into unrelated drivel.