which rear target sight?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gszeto99

which rear target sight?

Post by gszeto99 »

Which rear target sight has the most vertical adjustment. I want to use my anschutz 1907 with iron sights to shoot a rimfire buffalo silhouette match. The reason I ask is because the targets range from 50 yards to 150 yards.

Thank you

Gene
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I think if you put a 4mm riser block under your rear sight, any Anschutz rear sight should work. I don't know the sight adjustments for 150 yards, but it's 9 minutes from 50 to 100, and then 21 minutes from 100-200. You might want to stay away from the Anschutz Universal sights since you might not need the extra fine clicks for silhouette.
gszeto99

Post by gszeto99 »

I guess my question should be which target rear sight has the most adjustment range (gehmann, anschutz, etc.)? I need roughly 20MOA adjustment from 50y to 150y for my setup.

Thank you

Gene
bt88

Rear sights

Post by bt88 »

These have more than enough elevation: http://www.wssg.net/wst_page4.html (the E5-D at the bottom of the page). It has 66 minutes of elevation, cost me $200 shipped and has performed flawlessly after 6 months on my air rifle.
gszeto99

Re: Rear sights

Post by gszeto99 »

bt88 wrote:These have more than enough elevation: http://www.wssg.net/wst_page4.html (the E5-D at the bottom of the page). It has 66 minutes of elevation, cost me $200 shipped and has performed flawlessly after 6 months on my air rifle.
How long did it take you to receive the item from the time you paid for it?
bt88

Post by bt88 »

3-4 days... Just the shipping time. It was apparently sent as soon as I placed the order.

Be advised though, the elevation and windage blocks don't have any bushings in them, so the stainless posts wear directly on the aluminum blocks. The posts need to be kept clean.
gszeto99

Post by gszeto99 »

I just received the rear sight but I noticed that I wanted the sight to be back more (closer to my eye). Is there an extension rail that I can use to do that? Many of the existing Anschutz and Gehmann sights already have the dovetail mounts that act as an extension but the Walt Sinnott E5D does not have the extension rail built-in.
metermatch

Sight

Post by metermatch »

Go get a Redfield 2 step front sight base. It makes the transition from 50 to 100 yards without clicking the rear sight. Then use your existing rear sight to click from 100 to 150 yards.

Save a new rear sight purchase.

Champions Choice had copies last time I looked. But the original Redfield are very nicely made.

Used in smallbore prone. (at least they used to be).

Simple solution that costs 20 bucks.

Jeff
metermatch

sight

Post by metermatch »

By the way, forget all this adding a rear sight riser stuff - you will be spending your time messing with getting your cheekpiece height adjusted correctly during a match - which will constantly be messing with your position.

If you need a riser to set up the gun, once and for all, then OK. But changing it mid match, BIG no-no!

Jeff