.22 Ammo hard to find

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Duderacer99

.22 Ammo hard to find

Post by Duderacer99 »

Is anyone else having a hard time getting 22 target ammo?

Looking for the federal gold or even the blue 40 grain target. We had our club order in for over three months and they said it will be another 6 months out. Our club will run out in a few weeks. any help?
Spencer

Re: .22 Ammo hard to find

Post by Spencer »

Duderacer99 wrote:Is anyone else having a hard time getting 22 target ammo?
Yes!
Duderacer99 wrote:We had our club order in for over three months and they said it will be another 6 months out.
Who is the 'they' - Has anybody contacted Federal direct?

Post by Guest »

In the USA? There was plenty of ammo at the vendors at Camp Perry this summer during 3P. You just needed a fat wallet. Have you been in touch with Champion's Choice or Champion Shooters Supply?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

My preference for 50' and 50yd ammo for the youth program is Federal 714 but I found it hard to find. Called Federal and it turns out that they only make 714 for Dick's Sporting Goods. Called Dick's (national office) and they could not tell me which of their stores carry this ammo. They seemed to indicate that there was no logic to their distribution system, that they had no idea when which stores would get what ammo. My talking to the people in several stores seemed to verify this. So now I just stop in to any Dick's store I happen to be driving by and buy all the 714 that they have, if they have any.
scott75

Post by scott75 »

I have just heard that the Chinese shooting team has just signed a contract with Eley for the next 6 month production of Tenex.

I think we are about to see target ammo even more hard to track down. BUY ALL YOU CAN WHEN YOU SEE IT!!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

scott75 wrote:I have just heard that the Chinese shooting team has just signed a contract with Eley for the next 6 month production of Tenex.

I think we are about to see target ammo even more hard to track down. BUY ALL YOU CAN WHEN YOU SEE IT!!
Really, it seems unlikely. They'll batch test and buy what works for them, and not every batch on Tenex will.

Rob.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Unless they are buying in bulk and then batch testing their own rifles in China
Don't the American AMU do something like this ? Colin