MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kbremner

MG2

Post by kbremner »

rELIABILITY PROBLEMS ,CLEANING, USE , HAVE HAD NO END IF PROBLEMS BENDING BULLETTS
MG2-owner as guest

Re: MG2

Post by MG2-owner as guest »

kbremner wrote:rELIABILITY PROBLEMS ,CLEANING, USE , HAVE HAD NO END IF PROBLEMS BENDING BULLETTS
A 2.nd "MG2-owner"? A loud one at that...
Ernie Rodriguez

Match Gun Products

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

It is sad to hear these same complaints about these products.I have a Mg-2,MG-5E and a MG-5 and I feel your pain.The problem with the Match Gun Company is that they do not carefully function check their pistols before leaving the factory-at least their rim fire pistols. They expect S. Calzetti to rectify,what is essentially a Quality Control Problem with their assemblers/gunsmiths.Although Mr Calzetti is a decent guy-he must be up to his tushi in customer complaints.I have tried,for a long time, to be supportive/open minded of Match Gun Company and their products-but they just don't get it. There are other pistol companies out there with good reputations,repair facilities and parts availability. THE BOTTOM LINE-MATCHGUN COMPANY DOES STAND BY IT'S PRODUCTS,AND MY MG2/MG5'S NOW WORKS FLAWLESSLY (ALL PARTS WERE REPLACED AT NO COST TO ME)-I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THE PISTOL'S WORK THAT WAY WHEN I TOOK THEM OUT OF THE BOX.
Last edited by Ernie Rodriguez on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Amen !!! Well said Ernie. It's too bad that people don't get wise to the MG2 in it's over designed, overly complex, over engineered, & poorly supported disaster. "Doc"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

But when it works, it's the best there is. And at least 50% of all problems are user-made.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I have had problems with my MG2; I documented some of the early problems on Targettalk. I have found support from Matchguns to be superb and have since purchased an MG1e and consequently sold my Morini 162e.

I second Tyco's comments that when it works the pistol is by far the best I've shot.

I'm not blind the the faults of my MG2 and it has cost me dearly and a few matches abroad, but it I believe in the pistol and my ability to shoot it well.

Brian
MG2-owner

Broken MG5 grip

Post by MG2-owner »

Remember the broken grip of that brand new free pistol?
The importer have informed the company about this issue many weeks ago.
The MG-staff has not answered yet.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

MG2 - owner

Perhaps mailing the broken grip to MG to the attention of Stefano is the answer. I'd email him and them mail it off.

Lets us know what comes of this.

Brian
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

Brian James wrote: Lets us know what comes of this.
Brian
I wouldn't expect too much. If the importer is not able to get any communication from the MG-staff, how could I?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

MG2-owner wrote:If the importer is not able to get any communication from the MG-staff, how could I?
I thought this was well established when you had your last complaints about your MG2 several months ago. Those who contact MG directly seem to have much more success than those who leave it to their importer.

Having said that however, I am sure that some importers/dealers will be more efficient at getting complaints resolved than others.
jipe

Post by jipe »

MG2-owner wrote:
Brian James wrote: Lets us know what comes of this.
Brian
I wouldn't expect too much. If the importer is not able to get any communication from the MG-staff, how could I?
Because the MG staff is more willing/motivated to help than the importer !

For a grip, it is much more easy than for a complete gun since its shipment doesn't require any special paperwork.

I must say that I do not understand you way of acting: I would efinitely try to solve the problem myself and not rely on an importer who already proved his inefficiency.
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

jipe wrote: I must say that I do not understand you way of acting: I would efinitely try to solve the problem myself and not rely on an importer who already proved his inefficiency.
Ineffective- our importer? No, I wouldn't put it exactly that way either;
he's kind of a shooting pal. I trust he's doing his very best relative to this issue.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

MG2-owner wrote:
jipe wrote: I must say that I do not understand you way of acting: I would efinitely try to solve the problem myself and not rely on an importer who already proved his inefficiency.
Ineffective- our importer? No, I wouldn't put it exactly that way either;
he's kind of a shooting pal. I trust he's doing his very best relative to this issue.
It's obviously your choice; only you know how far you are happy to progress things yourself.

I would doubt however that many of us would have put up with not being able to shoot a new pistol because of a broken grip, even more so as there is a recommended direct approach route to the manufacturer.

Still, whatever you are happy with, none of the rest of us are affected.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Ineffective- our importer? No, I wouldn't put it exactly that way either; he's kind of a shooting pal. I trust he's doing his very best relative to this issue.

MG2-Owner,

Would you mind letting us know which importer you're dealing with and/or where you're from. There maybe some of us who would be willing assist you.

I've called MG directly and found calling or emailing them directly is best. I'm in Canada so dealing with time zones can be a challenge, but manageable.

Brian
william

Post by william »

Back to the original post:
Herr Bremner, you seem quite dissatisfied with your MG2. How much do you want for it including shipping to the USA?
landb

Post by landb »

When the hammer spring in mine broke I called the importer for a replacement . He could not get one from Match Guns he said he hand to go though Gehmann which is Match Guns distributor. I waited 4 weeks and called him he told me that Gehmann hasn't responded to him. I e-mail Match Guns myself and had a spring in hand within a week and a half. I recieved the spring I ordered 9 weeks after I ordered it.So it sounded to me its not Match Guns not getting back the the importers its Guhmann. A very satified MG2 owner. Bob

Post by Guest »

Matchguns reply to all emails in twelve hours...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matchguns reply to all emails in twelve hours...
My experience as well......the best after purchase service I have ever received has been from Stefano Calzetti at Matchguns.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

There seems to be a growing number of us who have recieved good to great service from MG - Stefano in paticular.

The company is maturing and I think the shooters are benifiting from it.

Brian
Josef C.

Post by Josef C. »

Brian James wrote:
The company is maturing and I think the shooters are benifiting from it.

Brian
Perhaps you could explain why we're seeing massive amounts of complaints about the pathetically slow selling MG2?