Anschutz aluminum stock cheek piece hardware

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Lafe Kunkel

Anschutz aluminum stock cheek piece hardware

Post by Lafe Kunkel »

I am looking for an extra cheek piece carrier assembly for either an anschutz aluminum stock air rifle or smallbore rifle. Let me know if you have one you would like to get rid of.
Thanks a lot,
Lafe

Post by Guest »

Off topic here, but I was curious if you ever decided on a replacement drop in barrel? Would be interested to know what you bought, why and who installed it for you.

Thanks,

Matthew
Lafe Kunkel

Post by Lafe Kunkel »

I have not yet decided on a replacement barrel yet, right now I am shooting a stock 690mm anschutz barrel that someone lent me, and it is shooting pretty well, but I am still going to do something with a new barrel this winter. I talked to benchmark about 3 weeks ago, and they said they could do a drop in at whatever length and contour I wanted for about $550. That might be what I do, although it is a little pricey. I may also just buy a blank and have a really good gunsmith friend of mine crown and chamber it. Right now I think benchmark has the best thing going barrel wise. A lot of the barrel makers do not have any kind of taper in the bore towards the muzzle, which is strange to me. Benchmark hand-lapps a slight taper towards the muzzle, about half a thousanth. They were really nice to talk to on the phone as well. I will let you know what I end up doing.