Walter CPM1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lamap

Walter CPM1

Post by Lamap »

Dear Sirs,

I am currently using a FWB C2 junior, with not much success. Trigger is not very ajustable, and results are much lower than the period I was using a Styer LP1.

Anyway, I have the chance to buy a Walther CPM1 at a reasonable price, so I would like to read your experiencies with this pistol.

Thank you.

Best regrads,

Luis Pacheco
JoeG

Walther CPM-1

Post by JoeG »

Luis,
I think you may find the balance on the Walther to be a benefit for a steady hold. With it's angled down cylinder design the center of balance is lowered and the counter weight set-up would also add to your ability to fine tune the balance. Trigger is good, perhaps a bit better than the Model 2 but I do find both of them fine for me.

Will you be able to try out the Walther before making or finalizing the purchase? Obviously that would be a best case situation so you could really compare the two and know which one might work best for you. Of course if the price on the Walther is reasonable as you state you could always sell it should it not be the better piece for you.

Good luck, Joe G.
Attachments
fwb2mini.jpg
Walther_CPM-1_(Medium).JPG
Walther_CPM-1_(Medium).JPG (49.94 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
ghilt

LP-1 vs CMP-1

Post by ghilt »

Have owned and shot both extensively. The Steyr is a "Swiss" watch: the Walther is a solid,well thought-out AP :
* CMP-1 weighs some 100 gm less and its C.G. is aft - closer to the trigger than the LP-1, but I'd never consider the LP-1 "nose heavy". This (C.G. - weight differences) gives the impression that the Walther is considerably lighter than the Steyr.
* The sight radius of the CMP-1 is about 30mm less than the LP-1 whose overall length is maybe 40mm longer. You can adjust the radius down a bit on the LP-1 but can't make it any longer on the CMP-1.
*While considering sights; the rear sight width is adjustable on the LP-1 - fixed on the Walther. Different width rear sight inserts were made for the CMP-1 and might be available.
*The simple construction of the Walther makes part replacement, lube etc. quite easy. The Steyr, for routine replacements such as tank and breach o-rings, is simple but things past that get involved.
* Parts for the Steyr are available from our host; Earl's has been great source for Walther parts.
*With the machine rest pellet testing I did, both are capable of one hole groups equal to their factory test targets. Neither is inherently any more accurate than the other.
*The trigger feel/quality can be adjusted to be just about equal but I think the Steyr has a slight edge. Blindfolded - I could not tell the difference.
*Both have "Morini style" grips. Both are adjustable for rake but the Steyr in addition is adjustable for cant.
* Have no doubt that the market price of a LP-1 would be maybe $200 more than the Walther. That money can buy a lot of pellets!
JoeG

LP1

Post by JoeG »

Luis, you did not mention why you no longer have the Steyr. That would still be the number one choice if available in my opinion. With quite a number to select from in my collection my LP1 is generally my gun for competitions. I definitely consider it's trigger among the best available with very good adjustabiity. With it's optional counterweights balance can be set up according to preference. Joe G.
lamap

Thank you all for the information

Post by lamap »

Thank you all for kind information.

I sold the LP1 (my worst mistake in shooting). It was a time when I was planing to abandom sport shooting. I live in Portugal and obtaining the licences is geting more dificult each time. Every 3 years you spend about 200 Euro to renew the licence.

Politicians want to show how good they are in fighting crime, so they increase difficulties to sport shooters (not one single accident in a shooting range in 100 years) instead of going after the criminals (who kill every).

So I sold my .22 pistols and the LP1.

Now I regret this and want to shoot, but only air pistol. No licence needed (for now). I had the FWB C2, but the trigger is not very ajustable, so I can not set-it to my preferencies.

I can not test the CPM1, It is in Germany. Well, I do not want to spend the money to a new pistol, so I guess I will buy it.

Best regards to all,

Luis Pacheco
bobby38555

Post by bobby38555 »

I was wondering what kind of adjustments on the trigger you need in a air pistol so we can help you out .

The FWB 2 trigger is adjustable for weight, forward & backward , longitudinal,up & down by turning it upside down, trigger point,lenght of pull, trigger stop & dryfire.
lamap

FWB C2 trigger

Post by lamap »

Hi bobby38555,

Thank you for your message.

What I would like in the FWB C2, and could not reach is more weight on the first trigger stage and less on the second stage.

This setup was very easy to acomplish on the LP1.

Best regards,

Luis Pacheco