Eley Team avaolability

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Guest Kiwi

Eley Team avaolability

Post by Guest Kiwi »

Has production of this product stopped; cannot get in NZ?
psf32

Re: Eley Team avaolability

Post by psf32 »

Guest Kiwi wrote:Has production of this product stopped; cannot get in NZ?
It has not stopped, when I was at eley last week they only had 30,000 in stock with over 300,000 on back order.

Team is only ammo that has not made the grade to be tenx or match and most of the batches coming of the production line are just to good.

peter
Guest Kiwi

Eley Team

Post by Guest Kiwi »

Thanks for the reply; makes sense if back order 300,000
Had some pleasing results with batches tested
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Try Lapua center X if you can get it, I think you'll find it as good as Eley match, I did. Colin
Environs

Post by Environs »

Hi Guest Kiwi
You carnt get here in NZ because Target Shooting NZ is the only agent/importer of Eley. My understanding they only put a small indent order in last year as it was new product and didnt know how the market would go for it or not. Key is when your club calls for indent order in next month or so put in order and get others to ask as well.

Happy shooting
Environs
Westy

Eley team availability

Post by Westy »

Good luck finding some. New Zealand will not be getting any in the indent order to arrive in 2010. Eley have back orders from 2008 and have told TSNZ not to bother ordering any because the order would not be filled for the indent.

If you are lucky enough to find some that goes through your gun buy it.

Westy

Post by Guest »

A back order of 300,000 rounds is a drop in the ocean.
If Eley were serious about constant supply of "Team" they would just down grade some match weather it was "Too Good" or not to fill the demand.
They simply want you to fork out the extra $$$ to buy match instead.
The team was just a teaser due to it being reasonably priced in comparison to how good it shoots.
Now we will just have to go back to match, then they will probably run short on that, then will have to go to Tenex.
Could be a trend starting here for them to make an extra buck?????
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Anonymous wrote:A back order of 300,000 rounds is a drop in the ocean.
If Eley were serious about constant supply of "Team" they would just down grade some match weather it was "Too Good" or not to fill the demand.
They simply want you to fork out the extra $$$ to buy match instead.
The team was just a teaser due to it being reasonably priced in comparison to how good it shoots.
Now we will just have to go back to match, then they will probably run short on that, then will have to go to Tenex.
Could be a trend starting here for them to make an extra buck?????
I'm starting to think like this, it's way overpriced anyway, look and see how the raw materials to make ammo has dropped. Colin
Barney

Post by Barney »

I agree also, over here in Aus it cost over $30 for a packet of Tenex, nearly $20 for Match and $15 for Team.

In over 5 yrs aprox Eley ammo has gone up over 30% in price and it was over priced back then.

Our dollar compared with the pound is now better than its ever been, however the price still keeps going up and up ????????????????
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Barney wrote:Our dollar compared with the pound is now better than its ever been, however the price still keeps going up and up ????????????????
Yeah, but don't forget the pound vs the Euro and the Dollar has been horrific of late, so the raw materials (which are all imported) have not only been expensive, but recently any fall in the material prices and move in the $NZ/£ rate will have been cancelled out by the terrible echange rates on the UK's raw material imports.

Team certainly moved people up from Club, but I can't see it being secretly scaled back to force people to Tenex. In the UK, Tenex is upwards of £8 a box (50rds). If people were forced onto that, Eley would have very few customers. No student rifle club would buy it - there are plenty of other offerings - and for many shooters who are on a budget (especially in the current recession), this would be the final straw to make them scale back to Club, or take the leap from Eley (a traditional staple of target shooters) to other brands - Lapua, RWS, any of the American offerings.

Trying to force people onto Tenex right now would bankrupt them unless the price of Tenex dropped by about £2 a box overnight.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Hemmers

I can see where your comming from regarding the recession that hit the world, however, the 8 pounds your paying at present for Tenex equates to aprox $16 Aus at the moment, I would pay that amount in a heartbeat. We are paying more than double that, around $32 Aus is the current price, you do the maths, something is very very wrong????

Barney
Westy

Price difference

Post by Westy »

The price difference is quite easy to explain.
Firstly freight charged is significantly different. Eley is in the UK so their freight will be next to nothing, on the other hand Australia is on the otherside of the world. I don't know the current shipping rates but I wouldn't imagine it to be cheap.
And secondly because Australia is so far away from the competion the distribuers don't face a whole lot of competitive pressure to keep their margins down so they would be inclined to charge higher rates.
And lastly there will be a number of costs you don't normally think of. Due to the volatility of commodity currencies the importer may or may not be protecting themselves against adverse movement with financial products such as forwards or swaps (and certain costs are associated with these products), if they don't they will most likely have larger margins in place to allow for potential currency movements while maintaining a profitable position. With high value shipments certain import taxes are applicable.

Contrary to popular belief purchasing power parity does not hold true alot of the time, especially over the last 3 years where there has been alot of currency and commodity price volatility. Therefore with such products as ammunition in countries which have comparativly lower demand levels it is not realistic to assume comparable prices.