Sight Riser How high is to high

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MontereyJack

Sight Riser How high is to high

Post by MontereyJack »

Is there an ISSU rule on now high you sights can be ? I Have an ans 8002 it came with 8mm risers I do'nt think it's enough I have to cant the rifle I would like a more heads up alignment of the sights. Centra makes an adjustable riser goes from 22mm to 27mm that seems a lot. Anyone use an adjustable riser? Or should I stack two 8mm risers for a total of 16mm
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

the 60mm rule (7.4.2.7 C) applies to 10m and 300m ISSF rifles

Spencer
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Spencer is right, 60-mm is the height limit as measured from the centre of the muzzle bore to the centre of the fore sight tunnel. Read the rules.

I would suggest you get raiser blocks that are adjustable in height using spacers so you can fine tune your head position. Centra are good but i like the new Gehmann or Tec-RHO adjustable blocks.

Peeps
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Curious, where can I see the Tec-RHO product online. I was having problems finding it.

Thanks
anschutz

Post by anschutz »

Type in tec-HRO or Edinkillie sport services. Colin
MontereyJack

Post by MontereyJack »

Thank you for you replies. You guys on the right side of the pond have all the good stuff I could not find those two risers sold in the USA.

Post by Guest »

Intershoot in the UK ship to here, I've used them several times.

intershoot.co.uk
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

To translate the 60mm rule into riser block height, I have an 18mm Centra Duo front sight on my 2002 with a Mec bloop tube. I have 28mm (Champion's Choice 20mm and an Anschutz 8mm) of riser blocks on there which gets me to 58.9mm. Being 6'2", I'm thinking of getting Bill Earnest to make me a set that get me that last mm, and so I don't have to stack them.
MontereyJack

Post by MontereyJack »

Thanks Soupy 44 That tells me alot about how high is high the 20mm risers are easy to get the adjustable from over there is harder
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

You can also try
www.euroshooting.eu