scoring plugs

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Pat McCoy

scoring plugs

Post by Pat McCoy »

I'm having trouble finding "outer" scoring plugs for both the NRA a36 and the USAS fifty foot target. Does anyone have a source?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Apparently, RIG has stopped making them and Neal Johnson is out of business. These were the only two sources (of which I am aware). At Camp Perry, Champion Shooters Supply said that they were trying to get a new supplier. ISSF plugs are available from a number of sources but they are different from those used in NRA matches. ISSF plugs have a manufactured tolerance of 0.22047 to 0.22244 inches (5.6 to 5.65 mm) while NRA plugs must be 0.2225 to 0.2240 inches (note that there is no overlap).
Bill Morgan

scoring plugs

Post by Bill Morgan »

Pat
Give Earnest Shooting Products a call at 570-797-4872. He has several listed in his 2008 catalog for $7. Good luck.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Bill, Thanks, I've ordered from ESP before, but lost the contact info.

Re: scoring plugs

Post by Guest »

Pat McCoy wrote:I'm having trouble finding "outer" scoring plugs for both the NRA a36 and the USAS fifty foot target. Does anyone have a source?
Champion's Choice sells most of the gauges you need, but since the A36 has been replaced by the USA50 target it maybe difficult to find a plug for the A36. I could probably sell you the one we have if your interested since we never use it. You can email me at randy88745@gmail.com.

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Scoring_Gauges-335.aspx