Question about TAU-7

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ghostrip

Question about TAU-7

Post by ghostrip »

I have the opportrunity to buy a TAU-7 (Standard version). I know its a good gun but how easy it is to find spare parts and what spare parts one needs most. Is it still in Production?

Thanks
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

They've been out of production for a while. I've got one & my wife has one. Mostly we use them to teach new shooters at our club, and my step-daughter shoots my wife's to practice for bullseye shooting. The only parts I've ever needed were O-rings, which are readily available.
yana

Post by yana »

In the US, there are several shops you can try for spares: guns things, topgunairguns, cible canada targets. In autralia, Potfire.
All should have spares. Most likely: seals, as with any co2/pcp gun and the loading tap spring.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

thank you for your advices. but i dont know if i will finally buy it . My main concern after inspecting it, is that this gun is the same one i saw in that store 10 years ago when i decided to get my izzy (and it was there a couple of years before that). It also had no instruction manual, the spare parts were all over the case and it generally left me with the impression it was not taken good care.

Seems my nygord turbo-comp missed another chance to couple with an airgun.

:)

Post by Guest »

The spareparts are always all over the place. Since non of them fit it tightly. Not even the pistol itself!;)
I use foam pieces to keep things in place.
You wont really miss the manual. The translations in it are really bad anyway, and sight adjustment is even mentioned wrong.
So dont worry about that.
Have them fill it so you know it doesnt leak. Have them clean out the barrel to check for rust. Shoot it, check that the loadingtap doesnt open.
If those 3 things are ok, you can buy it no problem.
And shóuld it leak eventually, Tau's are really easy to work on.
If you can find a Tau 7 Sport or match, even better.
Good upgrade for the Standard: the compensator.
Dunno how much work it is to upgrade the trigger too.