ALFA CO2 SPORT by Alfa Proj

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DakotaDad

ALFA CO2 SPORT by Alfa Proj

Post by DakotaDad »

Hello all, I would like some feedback both pro and con regarding a ALFA CO2 SPORT by Alfa Proj. I/we are new to shooting air pistol and I have an opportunity to get one of these for my kids who are just starting to shoot progressive pistol. The price seems right but I don't want to get it and end up regreting my decision to do so. SO please if any of you have some knowledge on this pistol share the good, the bad and the ugly details.
Dakota Dad
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I dry fired one of these about 18 months ago. I was offerred the chance to shoot it but I declined.

IMHO the balance was bad and the trigger was worse. I also needed a Band Aid having cut my hand on one of the many sharp edges.

You might gather that I was not impressed. It might have been just a bad example, but that would not have altered the balance.
yana

Post by yana »

What alfa type do you mean? The B97?
If so, I thóught these were similar to the Tau 7's..
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sorry, I just realised that you were asking about the CO2.

My comments were based on the Alfa Competition PCP Pistol.

Other than the gas, I don't know what the differences are.
redrider

Re: ALFA CO2 SPORT by Alfa Proj

Post by redrider »

DakotaDad wrote:Hello all, I would like some feedback both pro and con regarding a ALFA CO2 SPORT by Alfa Proj. I/we are new to shooting air pistol and I have an opportunity to get one of these for my kids who are just starting to shoot progressive pistol. The price seems right but I don't want to get it and end up regreting my decision to do so. SO please if any of you have some knowledge on this pistol share the good, the bad and the ugly details.
Dakota Dad

I have one of these and to honest I think it is pretty good for the money. Accuracy is very good and shot count is also good for CO2.

However I did have a problem with an internal component (something to do with the cocking mechanism) just within the first year (lucky). Managed to get it repaired in warranty and seems fine (I did have to wait quite some time but suspect that was down to local poor service, although it may be worth checking availability of spare parts. Have not used much since repair as I bought an LP10 (no magic leap in scores).

I think this pistol performs well overall and would probably outshoots most individuals.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

For whatever it's worth, I owned an Aeron Chameleon CO2 single shot air pistol - which is somewhat similar to the Alfa - prior to a recent purchase a used Pardini K58 single stroke pneumatic AP (for under $500) - and I can without hesitation say the Pardini K58 is in a completely different class. While not a toy, the Aeron isn't for someone that's at least trying to be a somewhat serious AP shooter.
DakotaDad

Post by DakotaDad »

thanks for the feedback guys. I still am undecided, I would love to find a Pardini K58 that I could afford but so far I haven't had any luck. I do have a IZH46m but it is way too heavy for my daughter. I would love to be able to afford a PCP pistol but they are even more out of reach cost wise.