Difference Between RWS Basic, Club, and Hobby 0.177 Pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I am not a 90% shooter.
For me, the biggest variable is ME.

I use Vogel Sport in ALL of my match guns, including the K58, and have not found them lacking. I even shot a couple matches with the Vogel Sport.

In fact I had a friend who used to beat me regularly, and he used the even cheaper Daisy Max Speed wadcutters from WalMart in his IZH-46. So if it works for you, use it. If it does not, don't use it.

The problem with group size accuracy testing APs is that except for CA and CO2, you have to dismount the AP from the vice to cock the AP (SSP and spring). This makes it very difficult to get the AP back into EXACTLY the same position it was in for the previous shots. Shooting off a sandbag introduces aiming inconsistency.

As for "hobby," I think something was lost in the translation. It probably has a different connotation in Germany.
mcbrien

pellet prices

Post by mcbrien »

Rover wrote: $47 for the Hobby's, $40 for the Basic's, plus postage ($10)
Where do you get them for this price?
joe1347

Re: pellet prices

Post by joe1347 »

mcbrien wrote:
Rover wrote: $47 for the Hobby's, $40 for the Basic's, plus postage ($10)
Where do you get them for this price?
Have to buy 5000 pellets (10 tins) for the $4.70/tin

http://www.championshooters.com/store/p ... 291&page=1
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't forget the beer! That's the biggest expense.

OK, for those who didn't see it, the results of my pellet tests are under the heading "7grShootout".

viewtopic.php?t=22499&highlight=

Surprise! Surprise!
Last edited by Rover on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcbrien

Post by mcbrien »

Rover wrote:Don't forget the beer! That's the biggest expense.
You are so right. My refrigerator is stocked with Red Seal Ale.
Popeye

Best Pellets

Post by Popeye »

This thread seems to confirm that for most shooters any well formed hollow based wadcutter pellet will do the job.

I use the RWS R-10 for competition matches, but train with the Gamo Pro match pellets as they cost about a quarter of the price of RWS.

The Gamo Pro match wadcutters look similar to the Hobby pellets and they are all perfectly fine for those many and long sessions blasting out the target centres....
dakine

best pellets

Post by dakine »

Well, practically any wadcutter pellet will work fine, FOR PRACTICE.

I'm in a 3 position 10 meter target team and as far as practice shooting, the diabolo basic pellets are the best for price. The hobbies are fine but, the basics usually cost less. The ridges or what ever they are on the hobbies really don't make any difference.

For competition, the RWS R-10 Heavy is beastly. They don't shoot the same as the basics but once dialed in is THE BEST competition pellets. It's also a good idea to size them before. DON'T MIX DIFFERENT PELLETS :)

For a good sight, go to champion's shooter supply or http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php
chuckjordan

Head size

Post by chuckjordan »

The real difference between these pellets is the head size (along with the pattern on the skirt).

Just as match pellets come in different head sizes, these do to and must be for different applications.

(I'm going off memory here) I think the head sizes from smaller to larger are: Club, Basic, Hobby. It's been 2 years.

I collect many of the olde 10M airrifles (50's-60's) and the hobby fits more snugger (in the breech) on most of them.

As others have said, no two barrels are alike, try them.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Since this thread was started, I have been to Prague.

I now officially state that in addition to German and Belgian beers, Czech beers (considered by experts to be the world's best) are a suitable quaff for air pistol shooters.

If you don't think beer matters, consider the German pubs in their shooting clubs. Ultra-civilized, I would say!

As with pellets, you must try them to see what works for you.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

MMMMM, YUMMY!!! I think the Czechs make a good pellet, JSB, according to others report. I need to try them sometime! Thanks Rover for the good report. Dwaine.