Changing Pardini K60 cylinders

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
marka4504

Changing Pardini K60 cylinders

Post by marka4504 »

I am having problems when changing cylinders on my Pardini K60, when I screw the new full cylinder back on I lose a huge amount of co2. Should the pistol be cocked or uncocked and should the chamber be left open or shut. Advise from anyone owning a K60 would be greatly appreciated.
Bill177

Cock and close

Post by Bill177 »

Cock and close the chamber. Screw in the cylinder. It may his slightly - but only slightly - when you put is on. More than a slight hiss means it needs to be resealed (the cylinder).
Rover

Post by Rover »

Bill177 is right. BUT, sometimes I need to unscrew the cylinder slightly until it stops hissing and then retighten it.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Have a junior team and we have 7 of these pistols. We had this problem too and it happened even after reseal. Found two reasons for this..
1. Cylinder was overfilled or
2. Found only way to consistently prevent the bleeding was to put the pistol on dry fire mode and open the bolt. Then screw cylinder on. This has prevented the problem you stated from happening 100% of the time now!
marka4504

Post by marka4504 »

Thanks I'll try it out, hopefully I won't need to change the seals. I havn't really worried too much about weighing the cylinders of late so it may be as simple as over filling them. I'll try the dry fire method as well, thanks for the info.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sinice I first read your post I started thinking about your (my) problem.

I lubed both the O-ring (visible in the end of the cylinder) and the "prong" visible in the center. I also pressed the "prong" in about a dozen times to spread the lube and loosen it. Of course, this was done with an empty cylinder. You can use an unsharpened pencil or dowel.

I'm not sure why, but the problem was solved. Incidentally, see my "7gr Shootout" post .

8/5/09
OK This is a comeback on this. The heat here is making the gun a little squirrely.

The lube didn't seem to hold up (why doesn't that surprise me?). I redid it with graphite. Now it's slicker than snot on a doorknob.