FWB P-56 vs Steyr LP-50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nuevealastres

FWB P-56 vs Steyr LP-50

Post by nuevealastres »

Hi everybody, and the pistol gurus!

Which one would you buy for air rapid fire pistol? Feinwerkbau P-56 or Steyr LP-50?

Look forward to your replies, wise men!

Regards,

nuevealastres

(Even in Spanish!)

Re: FWB P-56 vs Steyr LP-50

Post by Guest »

nuevealastres wrote:Hi everybody, and the pistol gurus!

Which one would you buy for air rapid fire pistol? Feinwerkbau P-56 or Steyr LP-50?

Look forward to your replies, wise men!

Regards,

nuevealastres

(Even in Spanish!)
Which one does your coach recommend for this event?
jipe

Post by jipe »

The FWB P56 is based on the old FWB frame and is discontinued. It is replaced by the P58 based on the P44.

Anyway, if you look what people are using, the LP50+LP5 take more than 90% of the market.

Steyr 5 shots pistols performances and reliability are proven and the LP50 is cheaper than the FWB.

There is also the new LP50E coming that will have a top level trigger quality, same trigger as the 10m single shot LP10E.
azuaro

Post by azuaro »

Hello members,

I just wanted to add something about my experience with FWB...
Newer doesn't necessarily mean "Better” (P-56 vs. P-58)...I have both guns: A brand new P-58 and a 1 year old P-56.

The P-55 (antecessor of the P-56) got a bad reputation earlier in its life, but then FWB upgraded the pistol and resolved all the issues (loading mechanism). Then FWB replaced the P-55 with the P-56 in an effort to overcome the bad reputation of the P-55 but the new gun was basically an improved P-55.

I have never had any issues with the P-56...The new P-58 is somewhat different but the mechanism where the problems existed in the P-55 is basically the same for the improved P-55, the P-56 and the P-58…Actually you can use the same magazine in all 3 guns.

The P-56 seems to be better built than the P-58, it is just one of those things where you can tell that producing a P-56 was much more expensive than producing a P-58 but don't get me wrong, the P-58 is very nice and very well built and both models are as accurate and well balanced. I prefer the P-56 but this is my personal taste...

My son is a Steyr guy, he shoots the LP50 and the LP5…He is in love with his guns and he has not had any issues with this brand either.

I may add that I do like the balance and feel of the LP-50 as I do like the balance on the P-56 & P-58…

Which is better?

Well…This is a matter of personal preference…You see more Steyr guns not because they are better, you see more Steyr because they are cheaper and because they are more readily available.

If there is anything that I regret about FWB are their poor marketing efforts even though I own 3 rifles and 4 pistols (Two mod 700 and one 603 rifles and a P-56, a P-58, a P-44 and a Mod 2 Kurtz pistols).

Don’t let anyone tell you what I hear very often and about Steyr having a better trigger group, a better balance, etc. than FWB. This is non-sense, both guns are top of the line, both are very well built, both are very reliable, both have excellent balance and trigger groups and you will be very happy with either of them.

Try them both, your hart and your gut will tell you what to choose.

Regards for all members,

AZUARO
superstring

Post by superstring »

jipe wrote:......

There is also the new LP50E coming that will have a top level trigger quality, same trigger as the 10m single shot LP10E.
Surely not the "same" trigger, the LP10E being a 2 stage and the LP50E being a single stage?
jipe

Post by jipe »

superstring wrote:
jipe wrote:......

Surely not the "same" trigger, the LP10E being a 2 stage and the LP50E being a single stage?
Who said that the LP50E is a single stage ? The LP50 is a single stage and that's its weakness.

It seems that the LP50E will have the same trigger unit as the LP10E what is normal now that the trigger weight for 5 shots AP events is also 500g like for precision.
superstring

Post by superstring »

Not trying to be argumentative but, while I completely understand the reasons for a 2 stage trigger for 10m precision, does a 2 stage make sense for rapid fire? I would think it would make shooting more difficult in that situation. Others will know better than I.
Thinkqob

Post by Thinkqob »

I think Steyr LP-50 is better steyr is good at make pistol and Feinwerkbau is good at make rifle
http://archerfish.org/
2650 Plus

FWG vs 50E

Post by 2650 Plus »

I can't agree with the above post. FWB has produced many more world class pistols than rifles, even though the 300 and models replacing it and continuing the various improvments have been produced ,the pistols have IMO been considered the superior product. Good Shooting, Bill Horton
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I still Prefer the 50 over the FWB. Its worth about 1/2 a point for average for me over the course. More on a real good day. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Sir Fred

Post by Sir Fred »

Hi men's,
I'm french, so sorry for the speeling ...
Well, I was used a FWB C5 with excelent trigger, but it was a CO2 so to much powerfull and bad stablility.
Last year a both a P58 ... a very bad trigger, to compare the LP500 is totaly better. If you want a very good trigger in P58 you should remachining all the parts of the trigger ... (this is what I did) and now my p58 is far a way better than lp50
paulo

Post by paulo »

Sir Fred
When you mention "should remachining all the parts of the trigger" do you mean duplicate, sand down, tighten?
superstring

Post by superstring »

Sir Fred wrote:Hi men's,
I'm french, so sorry for the speeling ...
Well, I was used a FWB C5 with excelent trigger, but it was a CO2 so to much powerfull and bad stablility.
Last year a both a P58 ... a very bad trigger, to compare the LP500 is totaly better. If you want a very good trigger in P58 you should remachining all the parts of the trigger ... (this is what I did) and now my p58 is far a way better than lp50
Sir Fred

Have you compared your modified trigger with an LP50 Electronic trigger?

Post by Guest »

When you mention "should remachining all the parts of the trigger" do you mean duplicate, sand down, tighten?
I'mean "Sand down"
Have you compared your modified trigger with an LP50 Electronic trigger?
LP50 no electronique.

Post by Guest »

I mention "remachining" because if you "sand down" manualy ... you'll never get any think good at all. That why you should lock the part end use a fixed machin to reduce the dimention end polish the surfaces ...