One for the museum: CM82E ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tycho

One for the museum: CM82E ?

Post by Tycho »

A question for the Morini aficionados: Is there, or has anyone ever seen, heard of, owned or handled a electronic version of the CM80/CM82? The first Morini FP, the CM80 is moderately well known (see pic - I'm not confusing anything with the CM84E). My CM80 has (additonally) a kit mounted that is named CM82, and late '80s catalogues show a model CM82 that looks more or less the same as the CM80, with the exception of the front sight holder. But then there is one single source that mentions a CM82E, at about the same time when the CM102E was released, with an e-trigger. In my experience, showing up in a Morini product list is not the same being physically in existence, so therefore the aforementioned question to the interested public - and if anybody should happen to have one on sale, please pm me :-)
Attachments
CM80.jpg
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Howdy, I have a CM80, but never have seen electonic version. If I may ask, how does the CM80 shown in your post handle? In specific, the short sight radius? I have never tried mine with the sights set up this way, very compact and interesting! Thanks, Dwaine Hurt
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I actually stole the pic from some wiki somewhere, but only as I didn't want to go looking for that CM80 down in the basement - pure laziness. I actually tried that setup once, didn't work better than every other one - I can't hit anything with that pistol, but it's still the most fascinating piece of ISSF-conform hardware I ever saw :-)
Thinkqob

Post by Thinkqob »

WOW nice gun l love it i hope i have one
http://archerfish.org/
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Tycho, I also have a love/hate relationship with the CM80, for the last 22 years. I can train well with this pistol, usually in the low 90's per string (high of 97), but in a match, I can hardly make any in the 90's. I really don't know what the deal is with this pistol/me, cheerfully, I am a little more consistant with the CM84. Regards, Dwaine
nvalcik

RE: CM-82E

Post by nvalcik »

My CM-80 has the supercomp kit put on it. At present the pistol is in the shop since the lever is no longer locking the breach block into position and the screw finally stripped out to where the lever was wobbling and either not firing the shot or the shot was prematurely going off before I even touched the trigger. So into the shop it went! I am hoping to get it back pretty soon. We used the 4 different CM-80s at UT-Arlington when I was there and they had a pistol team. The year we went to Collegiate Nationals I used the one that had the supercomp kit and liked it so much that I ended up buying my own later on after I graduated college. Until it became unreliable recently I was going up in my free pistol scores and shooting pretty well with it.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Not to sound dense, but what does the "supercomp" kit comprise??
nvalcik

RE: CM-82E

Post by nvalcik »

The Supercomp kit comprises a a tubular sleeve with a steel block at the end for different sights to be attached replaces the hook front sight system. The different sights are either steel or the ones that I prefer are plexiglass which is why I like shooting the CM-80 so much. It is very easy to tell where your front sight is in relation to the back sight. Being a tubular sleeve, it also keeps the gunpowder from the shot from getting on the front sight. Just like the front hook sight, you can rotate, extend or shorten the length of the front sight very easily.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Ah, ok. That's the same kit that came with my CM80, labeled as "CM82". Supposed to reduce ammo sensibility, or so.
scerir

Re: One for the museum: CM82E ?

Post by scerir »

Possibly the best connoisseur (and collector) of free pistols in Italy is Paolo Zilli, who is/was a friend of Cesare Morini. Maybe he can say something about this topic. As far as I remember Paolo has a FP with an interesting 'reversed-trigger', that is to say the trigger tongue moves forward. Paolo is also one of the very few who saw and studied the famous MU of mr. Aleksandr Melentiev (WR holder).
-s.

Paolo Zilli at: http://www.gunzeta.com/paolo_zilli.html