trigger centre

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Muffo

trigger centre

Post by Muffo »

where would you consider the middle of the trigger as there is nothing about it in the rule book. on my morini i have an adjustable trigger and i would say the middle of the trigger would be from the pivit point to the bottom of the trigger not from the top of the pad to the bottom.
Attachments
trigger.jpg
trigger.jpg (20.93 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
bryan

Post by bryan »

think most would pick middle of shoe, right/wrong, dont know.

make a long shoe, then use bottom, weight goes in the middle, trigger pressure point below 500 grams. is that the problem?
you set up weight at your diagrams midpoint.
add more weight,less trouble with shacky old testers that cant lift it. lol
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Na the problem is there is a hell of a lot of work in making another trigger shoe and in my mind the middle of the trigger is in the middle of the whole mechanism as that is the weight that is pulled. I dont have my finger right at the bottom of the pad but that is not an issue with the trigger groove that is there, as shown with the red line. if i put it in the middle of the pad i would have to pull a lot more than 500 grams. I got it passed at the aus at states, the aus cup and nationalls but a judge that was visiting me on the weekend said he would not pass it as he calls the middle of the trigger the middle of the pad not the middle of the trigger.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

As Bryan said, middle of the trigger shoe.

As a side issue, you are allowed to have the shoe angled and shaped however you want, but it is your responsibility to ensure that it capable of lifting a regulation test weight.

If, for example, you like a flat trigger angled backwards but equipment control are using a test weight with a knife edge then it is no good complaining that it would lift a weight with a rubber pad.

The answer in this case is obviously to cut a groove across the trigger for the knife edge to sit into. Don't try cutting the groove a bit higher than the middle to gain a leverage advantage. It'll only wind up the equipment controller who's seen similar attempts to cheat before. (Not suggesting that any TargetTalker would try it).

The main problem with your type of trigger is that they will often form a ridge either side of the centre-line. Most EC officers will use the one furthest away from the pivot point.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

i have a groove cut into the trigger shoe where the red line marks it so i will glue something onto the top of the shoe to extend it all the way to the pivit point.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Another, and I would have though simpler, way around it is cut the top or bottom of the trigger shoe off (whichever bit you are not using). You can then cut a new groove in the middle of the bit that's left, which will obviously by pretty close to where your finger will be.

Out of interest, what's the difference between the weight measured on the line you already have cut and that measured on the centre of the shoe.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

well on my line i can dangle the weight easily on the centre i cant even move the weight. I will probably cut the bottom off and extend the top to get the weight higher.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I just don't like sticking bits on. They always fall off at the worst possible moment.
bryan

Post by bryan »

not familiar with the trigger, looks like the blade is adjustable upwards somewhat.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Muffo wrote:well on my line i can dangle the weight easily on the centre i cant even move the weight. I will probably cut the bottom off and extend the top to get the weight higher.
step 6 in 3.2 of http://www.issf-sports.org/documents/sh ... l_2006.pdf seems pretty clear: I look forward to the outcome of your experience at EC after this modification.

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer, it's unfortunate that the document quoted clearly has on the cover/title page "2005 Rules (Version 1) prepared by the ISSF Pistol Committee" and it also quotes rules numbers from the 2005 rules. Hopefully they'll be updated one day ;-)

The drawings in the 2005 rules were clear on where to lift the test weight. I sometimes think that the ISSF have a special motto when writing new rules "If it ain't broke, then break it".
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

to Muffo

there is one correct place (by rules) only, see the picture (the green mark)

Petr
Attachments
trigger151.jpg
trigger151.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:Spencer, it's unfortunate that the document quoted clearly has on the cover/title page "2005 Rules (Version 1) prepared by the ISSF Pistol Committee" and it also quotes rules numbers from the 2005 rules. Hopefully they'll be updated one day ;-)

The drawings in the 2005 rules were clear on where to lift the test weight. I sometimes think that the ISSF have a special motto when writing new rules "If it ain't broke, then break it".
The 2009/1 version has been 'worked on' - as far as I know, this particular section remains the same
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

bryan wrote:not familiar with the trigger, looks like the blade is adjustable upwards somewhat.
It is adjustable up and down but it is already all the way up