No Shooting in future Youth Commonwealth Games

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Scott.T

No Shooting in future Youth Commonwealth Games

Post by Scott.T »

After having a quick look at the future Youth Commonwealth Games events, it would seem Shooting has been dropped from the programs.

It was part of the program last year in India.

Does anyone have any information on this?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know about the Youth Commonwealth Games specifically but it wouldn't surprise me.

After Delhi 2010 the main Commonwealth Games shooting programme will be aligned with the Olympic programme, plus fullbore rifle. No Standard Pistol, CF Pistol, Ladies Prone, pairs or badge matches.

Also, shooting is no longer a category 1 mandatory sport at future CG's. Even those games that do have shooting can choose any (or none) of the 3 sub-categories: rifle/pistol, shotgun and fullbore rifle.
PaulT

YCG

Post by PaulT »

A future Youth Commonwealth Games is in the Isle of Man, a “home country” with a highly successful past in shooting so very surprised to see it is absent. I have queried this with a number of people, including a respected member of the Islands ISSF community and was advised some time ago that the final programme have not yet been published. Fingers crossed.

I do fear the wise words observation from David may have a significant influence on the YCG final programme.
Scott>t

Post by Scott>t »

Thanks Lads, I will wait and see if the future programs are modified to include at least 10m Air pistol