H&N Match Pellets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tradewind

H&N Match Pellets

Post by tradewind »

Does anyone know the similarities and/or differences between the following H&N .177 wadcutter pellets:

H&N - sells a Finale Match and Match Kugeln

Neal Johnson - sells an Anschutz H&N Finale Match and Anschutz H&N Match

Beeman - sells a H&N Match

Thank you.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

tradewind

H&N Pellets

Post by tradewind »

Maybe I didn't make myself clear......are there any differences between the brands or are they all the same? Is the Beeman Match Pellets the same as the H&N Match Kuglen?
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Ask Beeman?

I believe the H+N Finale match have a more rigorous inspection for consistancy as does RWS R-10. The slightly cheaper pellets are still very accurate but don't have the extra consistancy tests.
Its hard to tell the difference some times when shooting any of them but its from a machine rest that the differences in grouping may be seen.

I have seen some big competitions won and great scores with cheaper pellets in the H+N and RWS range.

Peeps
Cadet

H & N Match Pellets

Post by Cadet »

I was recently adjusting my rifle after changing all the seals and lubricating, and was adjusting for the smallest spread of muzzle velocity on the chronograph, using RWS Meisterkugeln, Professional Line pellets. The standard deviation on strings of 10 shots was a bit disappointing and I wondered about the pellets. So I weighed some on the powder scale, and found that, for a nominal 8.2 grains, they varied from 7.8 grains to 8.6 grains. So I selected a group that were 8.2 +/- 0.05 (tedious!) and ran the tests again. The standard deviation on velocity came down by a factor of nearly 3. So now I know that the regulator is working consistently. I looked up the ballistic tables to see how much it meant 10 m away at the target, and concluded that with my shaky hold, it was not going to improve my score measurably, but it is nice to know the rifle is working properly. There will be other factors between pellets; I have not compared weight spread between brands of pellet, nor whether diameters vary within a batch or whether the rifle prefers 4.5, 4.49 or 4.48 mm pellets. I can benefit more by spending more time in range practice. But a good shooter might benefit by investigating further.
tradewind

H&N Pellets

Post by tradewind »

I received a reply from Haendler & Natermann Sport (H&N). Their Finale Match is similar to the Anschutz Finale Match and Beeman Perfect Match. And their Match Kugeln is similar to the Anschutz Match and Beeman Match.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I opened the site from SPENCER and was interested to learn that the "Finale Match" are apparently the same as the "Match" except that they are "hand selected and packed", whatever the hell that means.

JSB claims the same thing for their match pellets.

For my pistol shooting I guess I'll continue to use cheaper pellets since I'm never one to pass up a handy excuse when I blow it.
big52

Re: H&N match pellets

Post by big52 »

I have not expirimented much with H&N, now what someone mentioned may make sense that is I have seen in the RWS line that the meisterkuglen they make will shoot really well but sometimes a group will open up, R10 seemed to be better, it could just be that the higher priced pellets such as the R10 and the Finale match are weighed and checked like this and that is why they cost more. I will get my scale out and check on this myself as from visual inspection both look the same, but a weight deviation in the lower priced pellets may mean the difference.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

The H+N Finale match and the RWS R-10 match pellets are manufactured and sorted to much finer tolerances in weight and size. Their consistency in these two areas are kept to an absolute minimum.
The variation between any pellet in a 500 tin is negligible. Any variation found is so small that it makes no difference to the group size.
This is what i was told by a German shooter who had just had his rifle batch matched.

Peeps

Post by Guest »

All this talk of sorting pellets and they come packed in a tin of 500 rubbing and banging into each other, It dose make me wonder what your all on about.
Rover

Post by Rover »

All that rubbing and banging turns us on!
izzy2

H and N Pellets

Post by izzy2 »

I just ran a bunch of tests on three different guns using r-10, H&N, Meisterkugeln, and JSP OOPS forgot champions choice. In all three guns the H&N #3011 shot the best group, followed by the R-10 and Champion Choice. The guns were a daisy 888 co2 gun, a daisy 753, and my IZH Rifle. All shot groups under .250 outside with the H&N pellets. The 888 actually shot two groups that looked like a single shot. Tie your gun down real good and do the test yourself. Every gun is different. Groups were five shots each. Roy