Blur in the eye

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everyone!
I would like to bring this topic on the surface once again.
I was thinking about the master eye subject.
I also shoot skeet and I tryed to aim with both eyes open.
I couldn't make it and an old shooter over there told me that the reason was while I am a right hand shooter,my master eye is the left.
Do you think that it has something to do with the blur?
Thank you!
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

one thing no one has suggested the weight of the head on the cheek piece i find if i let the cheek piece take all the weight of my head my right eye becomes distorted the longer i shoot as my chubby cheek pushs up towards my eye and distorts it i find i have to lift my head off and reset it back so my cheek can go back to its normal position this only happens if i drop my head down onto the top of the c/p if i bring my head up from below and let my cheek rub against it my cheek bone clicks onto the c/p the skin stays tighter and my problem is then sorted for a while longer its ok for these young bucks who's skin is tight on their faces but as you get older things start to sag lol
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Everything has been said before is very interesting but there is an important aspect not addressed.

Have you thought about the head position?
If you force the position of the neck by turning your head long back-up blood in the head decreases and can create vision problems such as those described.

Consider the position.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:If this is the case, are you (unconsciously?) constantly shifting focus between front sight and target? You must not do this! You must focus on the front sight only, and accept that the bull is blurred.
Wow! I've been guilty of this.
I made a deliberate change this week, as per advice, and my scores improved markedly and also noticed I was ready to let the shot away much sooner.
At first I thought it was too soon and was hesitant, but as I progressed through the card I began to take confidence particularly when I saw the result after each shot.

Thanks Kiwi
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Ok,check what solve the problem:
(I hope)
-I got a new leather jacket that fits me much better than my canvas one.
-I inserted a light frey filter on the rear sight.For my eye,it makes a better contrast,even in cloudy sky...
-Three breaths agter the shot,fast reload without breathing the fire gas,then three or more breaths(depenting on the aiming)
-Reading a lot the Ways of the rifle to fix my position!!!!!
No more eye blur for me(I hope...!!!)