Morini 162EI electronics module question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Morini 162EI electronics module question

Post by IPshooter »

I have a module that had a minor battery leakage. Cleaned it up and worked fine. Soon though, it started doubling and tripling during dry fire. (Steve and David, it wasn't my cranky old finger!) Eventually, it stopped working completely.

Installed a new module in my pistol and all is OK. However, I happened to try the old module in a friend's 162EI, and it works perfectly in his pistol!

Has anyone run into the situation where a module works in one pistol but not in another? No one seems to understand how this can happen.

TIA

Stan
steve swartz as guest

Post by steve swartz as guest »

Stan:

We see this in complex systems in engineering all the time . . . in aviation systems, for example, "black box X" will work fine in "aircraft Y" but when you put it in "aircraft Z" the system won't work.

One way to look at it is like this: every box in the system has inputs and outputs, and the parameters for those inputs and outputs must be within a design "spec."

However, if every single component (but one) is within spec to the "high" side, and one component is within spec to the "low" side, the system hiccups . . . even though everything is individually "within spec."

Removing the "bad" (but within spec) box solves the problem, and the box can be used just fine in a different system.

Weird, huh?

Anyhow

Not sure how that applies to your specific situation. Removing and replacing the shooter, however, has been a "Known Solution" for many years!

What was different about the Trigger Actuation Module?

=8^)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Battery leakage = corrosion, so it may be as simple as the contacts to the pistol got iffy. When you removed the old module & installed in the other pistol, it could easily have scrubbed the corrosion off the contacts, or seated in a way that got a solid connection to the second pistol.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. The only thing you can see is some pitting of one of the battery contacts. This makes me wonder if somehow the transmission of voltage is being thrown off by the pitting.

A friend checked the voltage of the various contacts, and that appeared to be normal. So, I am stumped.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

As a matter of protocol I will always remove batteries from a device such as trigger modules, dot sights etc. if the unit is not to be used for more than a week. Failure to do this cost me a good camera a few years back and since then, since I learned the lesson, the hard way.they are removed. Alkaline batteries do corrode & regardless of the seal, leak corrosive gases constantly. I hate futzing with the Morini AP to remove batteries because of having to deal with that modules, but nonetheless I still remove them. Verbum Sat Sapienta Est. "Doc"