Multi-shot pistol for rapid fire???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mattnshilp

Post by Mattnshilp »

Hi,

I have only been able to find 3 multi-shot compatible pistols:

1) Steyr LP50 - Nice but a bit more than I would like to spend
2) FWB P56 - WAY too steep for my budget
3) TwinMaster Top - I am not even sure if this is a legal competition pistol.

I am looking for a multi-shot (5 round magazine) Junior size pistol if possible. But I can't even find any other standard size multi-shooters besides the ones above. I am looking for something to play around with as well as target shoot. I won't be formally competing for some time, if ever.

Are there any other manufacturers or models I am missing???

Thanks!

-Matt
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Does the Twinmaster have to be cocked for each shot?

Here in the UK where we no longer have cartridge pistols the Steyr LP5 and LP50 are VASTLY more popular than the FWB.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:Does the Twinmaster have to be cocked for each shot?

Here in the UK where we no longer have cartridge pistols the Steyr LP5 and LP50 are VASTLY more popular than the FWB.
All I ever hear in the UK is problems with the fwb's. At the ESSU someone experienced malfunctions and I know a couple of other people that have had problems. That's not to say the Steyrs don't have problems, but they appear to be much fewer.

Rob.
Mattnshilp

Post by Mattnshilp »

I believe the Twinmaster can be either double or single action. I'm almost positive.

Any other options out there besides the Steyr than? I can't afford the FWB anyway.

The only other 5 shooters I've found are older models and now discontinued.

I don't understand how there is an entire sport of shooting based on a rapid fire sequence and the only real pistol available is the Steyr. What do other people shoot for the rapid fire besides Steyr?

Walther, Morini, Pardini, Tau - none have multi-shot pistols as far as I can tell. I must be missing something!

Thanks.

-Matt
Mattnshilp

Post by Mattnshilp »

Aeron used to have the B98 multi-shot, but it's discontinued.

And of course there's Steyr's own LP5 (prequel to the LP50) which is also now discontinued. And I have heard that the LP50 is WAY better.

-matt
David Levene

Re: Multi-shot pistol for rapid fire???

Post by David Levene »

Mattnshilp wrote:I believe the Twinmaster can be either double or single action. I'm almost positive.
Ok, yes you're right BUT, according to the instruction manual the double action trigger pull is 1800g.

It might not be the best choice for the ISSF rule 8.20 5-shot events. IMHO you'd be much better off with a semi-automatic where the trigger is going to be approaching 500g (Steyr or FWB).
David Levene

Re: Multi-shot pistol for rapid fire???

Post by David Levene »

Mattnshilp wrote:And of course there's Steyr's own LP5 (prequel to the LP50) which is also now discontinued. And I have heard that the LP50 is WAY better.
Any difference between the LP5 and LP50 is more than compensated for by the ability of the user.

I've had an LP5 for nearly 12 years and was considering changing to an LP50 on the basis that "newer must be better". I didn't actually notice any difference other than my LP5 has a much modified grip that fitted me better.

The LP50E might be a different matter and tempt me to get my wallet out.