what would you do - aim point

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Oz

Post by Oz »

I wonder if any confusion here has been created by definitions of hold? Edster99, did you go from a standard 6 to a 'Nygord' Sub-6 (just a slight space between top of sight and bottom of black center) or a Deep sub-six? (Top of sight somewhere between the bottom of the target and the 5 ring-ish)?
edster99

Post by edster99 »

Hi Oz

I went from standard 6 to a 'standard' or 'Nygord' Sub 6. I have fairly slim light bars next to the front sight (say 1:3:1 widths) with about the same as that above the front sight. So I would be aiming at the 5 ring , approximately.
Bmb

2 to 3 seconds

Post by Bmb »

My best shot actually occurs at 3 to5 seconds not 2 to3 secs like I last posted. I did shot the nygords sub six but now I actually touch the black . I feel I must have very good trigger control to be able to do what I do. If I had to train and shot the way the others do I wouldnt be worth shi* Im not Bob and I still have a headache (its to damn hot today).
luftskytter as guest

Post by luftskytter as guest »

I think it depends:

A "precision" sight picture creates more stress, but suitable if you have very good trigger release / sight picture coordination control.

If you struggle with these things, deep sub six is "easier": you get less intense visual feedback and can just concentrate on the "squeeze" while keeping your focus on the front sights.
Just put your faith in the fact that after a while accuracy will be "programmed" in by our wonderful magic abilities!

Recently I tried the blank target stuff that they're talking about:
shoot at the white back of a target. I use centre hold, and it turned out that I could easily keep almost all the shots in the black zone without ever having done this before. Just by aiming "in the middle of the paper".
Many beginners would probably be able to do something simliar while making a mess of trying to hit the target from the front due to stress!
edster99

Post by edster99 »

luftskytter as guest wrote: Just put your faith in the fact that after a while accuracy will be "programmed" in by our wonderful magic abilities!

shoot at the white back of a target. I use centre hold, and it turned out that I could easily keep almost all the shots in the black zone without ever having done this before. Just by aiming "in the middle of the paper".
Many beginners would probably be able to do something simliar while making a mess of trying to hit the target from the front due to stress!
Well... my programming has reached a level and then stopped.

I can do nice tight groups on white.

Tonight I had a little experiment shooting '6' and shot the best I have managed for about 6 months ex 300 (no 8s). So I'm going to keep going with that for a bit.
ghilt

General Aiming Point

Post by ghilt »

luftskytter wrote:
Tried this just once. Holes all over the place!! My thought was to rely on NPA to pick the right "direction" and I would concentrate on alignment and let-off. Not too sure whats the difference in "aiming in the middle of the paper" and aiming at (just below or way below) the bull?
I neeed my "distraction"!