Champion glasses diameter??

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Emilio Mendoza

Champion glasses diameter??

Post by Emilio Mendoza »

One question:
If I get a Champion glasses in 32mm diameter, Can I use this with good results in pistol and rifle shooting?
Maybe is a stupid question, but I prefer to ask this. One question is cheaper than a bad adquisition.
and sorry my English,
Thanks in advance...

Emilio
emilio

Post by emilio »

I write this post because the champion glasses have three differents diameters for the lens:
25mm
32mm
42mm.

And the 32mm is between 23mm and 37 mm that others glasses have (Mec, Varga, etc)

Thanks

Emilio
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I know nothing about glasses for rifle shooting so will ask you a question.

Do you need the same prescription for your rifle shooting as you need for pistol?

If not then at the very least you will need an extra lens mount, and that would still be inconvenient for changing between the lenses.

Even if you do need the same lens I am pretty sure it will need to be in a different position on the frame.

The only advantage I can see of using the same lens diameters for rifle and pistol would be commonality of filters/iris.

You would be much better off with separate frames.
emilio

Post by emilio »

Thanks a lot, I forgot that maybe the prescription for rifle shooting can be different that pistol shooting.
I think that I will buy a couple of frames: one Champion for rifle and one Varga for pistol (pistol need less ajustment).
I will have to wait a little to ajust my budget, but it´s the best option, thanks...