steyr lp10 grip modification, new 8 duct compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

steyr lp10 grip modification, new 8 duct compensator

Post by seamaster »

Two questions,

1)Do you modify the beautiful LP10 grip (unlike Baikal 46M which begged to be modified) ? How and where on this beautiful anatomic grip? Or just leave it alone?

2)New LP10 8 duct compensator decreases "turbulence" according to Steyr website. What does that mean compare to old LP10 compensator? Someone mentioned Tau 7 Brno had this 8 duct compensator for years. Is this 8 duct compensator worth the up grade? Since it decrease "turbulence", does it make the gun quieter, pound for pound at the same velocity?
David Levene

Re: steyr lp10 grip modification, new 8 duct compensator

Post by David Levene »

seamaster wrote:1)Do you modify the beautiful LP10 grip (unlike Baikal 46M which begged to be modified) ? How and where on this beautiful anatomic grip? Or just leave it alone?
To answer this question we need to ask another:-

Do you buy the gun just to admire or do you buy it to help you shoot to your maximum potential?

If the former then put it in a glass case and stare at it lovingly.

If the latter then modify it wherever it needs modifying to suit you.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have just left the steyr-sportwaffen website, and it is unclear as to whether the eight port compensator is only going to be available on the LP10E [ and possibly the LP50E ] or across the range.
Does any one else have a clue...and also when the Electronic version will be available ?
psf32

Post by psf32 »

I have LP10E and LP50E orderd for my shop in the uk and have been told I should have them at the end of june.
2650 Plus

Post subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I am forced to admit that I concur with David Levene on this issue. I have never owned a competition pistol , rifle , or shot gun that I did not modify to improve something that conflicted with the way I shot. Ask your self this question before you start grinding away on the beautiful piece of wood. Do I Feel Lucky ? David has already asked the critical question.. Good Shooting Bill Horton
paw080

Me Three.....

Post by paw080 »

Hi Seamaster, I see this in other airgun forums often...Do Not fall in love
with your grip! That kind attatchment is just one of many things to let go of.

Tony G