Tube gun stock for Anschutz - legal?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kevinl

Tube gun stock for Anschutz - legal?

Post by kevinl »

I have an Anschutz 1907 and am thinking of putting it into an aluminium stock made by Gary Eliseo who designed it spefically for the Match 54 action. See http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id14.html. I think that would turn it into a free rifle equivalent, but would it be allowed under ISSF rules? If so, what are the constraints that the Eliseo stock contravenes?
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Difficult to say unless you have all the dimensions, however I believe that this one is compliant http://www.rmftc.eu/index.htm, so there is a good chance that the CSS one would be OK.

But don't take my word for it.

Rutty
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Just download the rules from usas and check the dimensions.
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

Thank you all. Checked the ISSF site for 50m rifle regulations and the major restriction is on weight - 8kg for men which is just over 17 lbs. The Eliseo stock with rifle comes in about 13 lbs.
GCSInc

Tube Gun

Post by GCSInc »

kevinl,

I'm also working with Gary to fit a "Tube Stock" on a Remington 40X... I'd like to talk to you about your idea.

Thanks,

Roy McClain
EODTNT1@aol.com
(404) 227-2272 cell

AN1

Post by Guest »

Hi Roy, Gary had already developed the AN1 for the Anshutz Match 54. I was just checking if it's legal for ISSF because Gary didn't know. I supposed he developed the AN1 for NRA smallbore matches but not for ISSF.
GCSInc

R1

Post by GCSInc »

We're looking at the R1 stock for the 40X Barreled Actions and trying to see if my Juniors can hold it. The Standard Remington 40X was just too heavy and would cost too much to make it competitive with the high end Smallbore Rifles... Enter the R1... We'll see if it's competitive at 50 foot and 50 meters.

Has anyone else done anything like this yet?

Roy

Post by Guest »

That sure looks uncomfortable.
NateG

Post by NateG »

Anonymous wrote:That sure looks uncomfortable.
I haven't shot the AN1, but own an R5 (repeater using a Remington short action) and it's really comfortable. It is different from a conventional wooden stock, as the original owner of mine discovered, and sold it to me. But I really like it. A lot.
an1913t

Post by an1913t »

GCSInc,

Please keep us posted as I have a Remington 40x that I would be interested in trying out the new stock on.
GCSInc

40x Tube Gun

Post by GCSInc »

Phase one... Hope to get thru Phase two this week. Phase three is the range
Attachments
40x Tube Gun
40x Tube Gun
an1913t

Post by an1913t »

Looks good - very promising. I'm definitely interested for junior shooters if the cost can be kept down.

Does the 40x receiver have to be epoxied into the tube or is it connected in some other fashion? I'm guessing you don't need epoxy as there aren't the recoil issues that you have with highpower tubeguns.
NateG

Post by NateG »

Epoxy isn't required, even with a centerfire action. My R5 (the repeater on a Rem 700 action) in 6BRX uses a recoil disk, that replaces the normal recoil lug, to take most of the firing stresses. The action goes in the main tube and can either be epoxied or tightened in with some set-screws that the tube is drilled and tapped for.

It's my understanding that the AN-1 stock mounts by clamping (or gluing? I'm not sure) a sleeve to the barrel forward of the action. That tube then is what is attached to the rest of the stock, with the action floating.