smallbore silhouette

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

wide-eight

smallbore silhouette

Post by wide-eight »

I was wondering if anyone knows of people shooting smallbore silhouettes indoors at 50 feet, or if safety is a big concern? Our club is looking to have an open sporter match, and have been toying aroung with the idea of silhouettes, but are not excited about paper silhouettes. Any info. would be appreciated.
blades

Post by blades »

I have not heard of smallbore indoors. That does not mean it has not been or is being done. Personally I think there might be some safty concerns (rebounds) on reactive targets inside at 50 ft. Air guns are the rule inside for silly wet at the 4 distances, targets are scaled down to proper size (those chickes are awful small). Rams are at 18 yards. Even then there is an occasional rebound, generally from a shot out side the trap area, catching the stand frame just right.
I have paper targets for smallbore for use at 50 ft.
Air is dirt cheap to set up, can be shot with just about any air rifle/pistol out there. Has all the variables of sight settings ect. best part is a tin of 177 pellets is still under 10 bucks for 500 ( and there are cheaper ones available also).