LP10 E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

LP10 E

Post by seamaster »

http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/content ... _%20LP.pdf

new LP10 E

8 hole radial compensator.

New design grip to allow more finger movement.

What new grip finger design? I don't see any difference between the LP10 and LP10E grip from the catalogue pictures.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

Thats pretty cool looking.Grips do look the same from the pictures.One thing that concerns me though, this weekend I decided to start shooting photos with my large format view camera after a year layoff.I pulled everything out of their cases including my mint condition Minolta Spotmeter-F light meter.To my horror there were white crystals all over the whole thing.I opened up the battery compartment and it was full of these white crystals.I was dumbfounded as its only been in storage for a year in the house with a Duracell AA coppertop alkaline battery dated 2010.Three hours of disassembly and cleaning brought it back to working condition.I thought it was battery acid, but it turns out it was leaking potassium hydroxide.If it had been in my $2000.00 + Steyr I would have freaked.A little research turned up this.

'Over time, alkaline batteries are prone to leaking potassium hydroxide, a caustic agent that can cause respiratory, eye and skin irritation. This can be avoided by not attempting to recharge alkaline cells, not mixing different battery types in the same device, replacing all of the batteries at the same time, storing in a dry place, and removing batteries for storage of devices.

Once a leak has formed due to corrosive penetration of the outer steel shell, potassium hydroxide forms a feathery crystalline structure that grows and spreads out from the battery over time, following up metal electrodes to circuit boards where it commences oxidation of copper traces and other components, leading to permanent circuitry damage.

The leaking crystalline growths can also emerge from seams around battery covers to form a furry coating outside the device, that then damages objects in contact with the leaking device such as varnish on wood shelves, and then oxidation and graying of the wood itself.'
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Batteries are prone to leaking no matter what they are in, and there's no more inherent damage likely to be caused to the gun (battery compartment in the grip) than to anything else.

If you don't plan on using the gun for a prolonged period of time, then remove the batteries.

Rob.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

They are expensive, but I use AA Lithium batteries in expensive equipment. They store more energy and I don't believe they are prone to leak. I use rechargeable NiMH batteries in most other applications. They do not leak.
OzzieM

Post by OzzieM »

Radial compensator: I think it actually is a linear compensator (outlets are in line with the barrel axis). How nice of Steyr to honour TAU Brno as an industry leader - their TAU-7 target model has had this type of compensator for years, they even combined it with radial outlets.

Anyway, it is good to see that pride does not stand in the way of 'progress'.

OzzieM