Best money ever spent

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Muffo

Best money ever spent

Post by Muffo »

So today I got a hack saw and a file and cut the sight off my toz 35. Crude but suprizingly succesfull. This enabled me to fit the blowout compensator i have purchased. Then i set up my fathers ransom rest and clamped the barrel in it. I tested a whole series of different ammo doing 10 shot groups with and without the compensator. I tested lots of different lots of ammo including RWS, Lapua, SK, Eley, Winchester, Fereral and Fiochi. I still have a few more to test and i still have to get a few more to test. Mostly the compensator was a huge advantage. I had some old Winchester expert that had quiet a good group that putting the compensator on didnt change at all. Lapua magazeen in the bulk tin didnt have a very good group and got even worse with the compensator. Tenex suprizingly was only average. It was one of the better groups without the compensator but not the best and the compensator didnt have any affect. All the rest had a huge improvement with the compensator. some of the cheaper ammo's had a much better group with than the compensator on. The best improvements were acheived with federal and Rws ammo. I have some federal 711b and some really cheap Federal champions that i payed $2.50 AUS or $1.40 US. With the compensator the 711bs had the best group out of anything i tested, much better than tenex. Without the compensator it was between x ring and 10 ring. The federal champions was quiet amazing with the difference. Without the compensator it wouldnt hold the 10 ring. probably 9.5. With the compensator it was well within the x ring only slightly worse than tenex but maybe by .1. Bit of a difference between $35 per box and $2.50
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

OK MUffo where did you get the Federal 711B? If I am right that's the Gold Medal ammo. I am down to one brick and the stuff's been on back order since April 12 months ago when I cleaned out the dealer.
It groups beautifully through both my Toz and my IZH-35M.
I am not sure any has come into Australia since because I just can't find it. I am rationing it at the moment so that I have something decent for open shoots.
Colin
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Sorry i only got a few boxes free and i think i got a dodgy batch because looking at it its not formed very well, through the chroni it varies about 300 feet per second and it wouldnt hold the 10 ring, when i put the compensator on it cut almost one enlarged whole. I think every1 in the state has been chasing it for ages, I want to get some for matches and il train with the really cheap federal as it still groups well within the x ring. I found some a while back but it was in QLD and it would cost too much to get it sent
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

there might be some available if you ring around. I just got a brick tonight because a local shop got some in but the price has gone up to 83 per brick. I would have got a case but i just payed deposit on a house and dont have the money
Rick Eickhoff

Ronny Nilson Blow-Out Compensator - Excellent Results

Post by Rick Eickhoff »

I found the same result with the Federal 714. Excellent groups with the Ronny Nilson Blow-Out Compensator. The improved peformane with the less expensive training ammo. To me it was worth the price of the compensator. Not to mention it is well built and give my 84e a better feeling during the release of the shot. It is much easier to call my shots.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

I havent shot it yet as I havent dont the top lever conversion I vhave to get it finished this weekend as I have to use it at nationalls because im lending my other toz to some1 else for the event, my only consern is the added weight
Chris

Post by Chris »

Muffo,

I would be interested if you have time to post a table of your testing results. Ammo, group size with and without.

Thanks
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

I still have some more to test and I am going to do them in another rest as well because im not sure that mine is 100% acurate. When my father was shooting he said with his toz 36 he could shoot a group half the size that the ransom rest could so in the next couple of weeks I will do it again in a different rest. In probably 3 weeks i will do a full write up on all the modifications I have done and all the test groups I have fired
Chris

Post by Chris »

Muffo,

Can you also take some photos also of your test set up?

Thanks
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

Yeh no problem