Larry's Guns?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
spacestout

46M ordered AND shipping?

Post by spacestout »

cloudswimmer wrote:]In the mean time I just ordered an IZH-46m to play around with since the Steyr's are back ordered,
Are 46M's shipping these days? I keep noticing them for sale, but they are out of stock, with expected "in" date a week out. Next week comes and the "in" date shifts again.

Positive experiences at Larry's. Only challenge was needing something for my gun and having them gone to camp Perry.
cloudswimmer

Re: 46M ordered AND shipping?

Post by cloudswimmer »

spacestout wrote:
cloudswimmer wrote:]In the mean time I just ordered an IZH-46m to play around with since the Steyr's are back ordered,
Are 46M's shipping these days? I keep noticing them for sale, but they are out of stock, with expected "in" date a week out. Next week comes and the "in" date shifts again.

Positive experiences at Larry's. Only challenge was needing something for my gun and having them gone to camp Perry.
Got mine from Straightshooters.I believe Airguns of Arizona also just got some.Of course mine will be available also in a couple weeks with Pelican case.

Chris

(p.s. finally got some good communication going with Larry's.Found its just best to swap emails with them)
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Don't send email to Amanda, she is no longer there.

No Luck getting what I wanted.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

Well I ended up with a silver LP10 from Pilk.Great gun and great customer service!
Isabel (as guest)

Larry's

Post by Isabel (as guest) »

I have had some trouble getting a response out of Larry's since Amanda left. They are becoming difficult to do business with. For Hammerli stuff I would tend to go to Roco and for other things, Neil Stepp at ISS is a good business with competitve prices. Isabel
Freepistol

Re: Larry's

Post by Freepistol »

Isabel (as guest) wrote:I have had some trouble getting a response out of Larry's since Amanda left. They are becoming difficult to do business with. For Hammerli stuff I would tend to go to Roco and for other things, Neil Stepp at ISS is a good business with competitve prices. Isabel
Thanks, Isabel, Deanna told me to go to Roco, too.
They had what I needed.
Ben
CaptHowdy0001

larry's guns inc problems

Post by CaptHowdy0001 »

i was trying to buy a Hammerli from them and was calling, leaving messages, e-mailing Amanda, and am now about to resort to even faxing. i have had no replies or call backs and seeing how Amanda is no longer there that makes sense. im just not satisfied in the least with there service and even though id like to buy some mags for my trailside id like to make sure they are still there before doing any transaction with them. anyone know where i can find trailside mags, X-Esse grips, or other accessories?
UApistol

trailside grips and mags

Post by UApistol »

there is a grip on ebay actually (it might have sold by now) but i see them on there a lot actually.

Check www.gunbroker.com I say a guy that had about 50 mags that he was selling. There are also the x-esse grips on there.

Good luck!!
UApistol
UApistol

found a mag

Post by UApistol »

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =124104495

There is a x-esse grip on there but i do not think it is the one you are looking for. Keep your eye on ebay and gunbroker. the grips come through quite often. Also post an ad in the buy sell trade section of targettalk.
CaptHowdy0001

re:

Post by CaptHowdy0001 »

ill be sure to check gunbroker often. perhaps someday they will have the competion x-esse grips. if not ill just have to fork out the 220 for the nill.thanks for the tips.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Eldon is the only other dealer I know of that sells the Pardini. The shooters box no longer sells the Pardini to mass residents. BTW both are dealers for Larry who is the sole distributer in US. hence, larrys Guns Printed on the side
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Larry has done work on my Pardinis (K2s and SP) in the past. If I needed the gun for an upcoming match, I got it back, repaired, in fairly short order. If I told him that I didn't need it for a while, the repair took a while. But, I assume that's because other repairs, for other shooters, who had upcoming matches, came first. I don't have a problem with that.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

Larry is a good gunsmith and the products he carries are top notch.

That said, my experience in trying to do business with him on more than one occasion was about as much fun as gettting poked in the eye with a sharp stick. Once I learned to ignore his lack of tact and bedside manner in general, I loved the products I purchased from him.

I would still do business with Larry but only after I had exhausted every other possibility - even if it meant paying more somewhere else.

In contrast, I would NEVER hesitate to do business with Pilk - you not only get a straight shooting gun but you also get to buy it from a straight shooter and who somehow finds the time to talk to you like you're not an idiot - even if it means taking time away from his own family to do it.

It was a sad day when we lost Don Nygord and the Pardini line went to Larry. It wasnt sad just because Don was a great guy but because he would make you feel like a friend while he educated you. Larry could have taken a few lessons from Don in that department.

As far as Larry being from Maine - I dont think that explains (much less excuses) bad manners. I'm sure they teach manners to school kids in Maine too.
visitor

Post by visitor »

I'm sure they teach manners to school kids in Maine too
You might be surprised.

I, too, always felt like a friend when dealing with Don Nygord. I've learned not to look for warm fuzzies from Larry, but I must admit that the advice, quality of products and service (once I actually get through) to be above reproach.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

visitor wrote:
I'm sure they teach manners to school kids in Maine too
You might be surprised.

I, too, always felt like a friend when dealing with Don Nygord. I've learned not to look for warm fuzzies from Larry, but I must admit that the advice, quality of products and service (once I actually get through) to be above reproach.
I was always treated properly by Amanda. I just wish they actually had access to Hammerli parts.