Socal AP matches

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jsealc21

Socal AP matches

Post by jsealc21 »

it seems as though the range at Whittier Narrows,I think off the 605 and 10,will inherit the Prado mantle. They are looking for a trailer to convert to an airgun hall,and might even have a FP range as well...cross the fingers !!
somewhereinla

Re: Socal AP matches

Post by somewhereinla »

jsealc21 wrote:it seems as though the range at Whittier Narrows,I think off the 605 and 10,will inherit the Prado mantle. They are looking for a trailer to convert to an airgun hall,and might even have a FP range as well...cross the fingers !!
Any updates???
jsealc21

range

Post by jsealc21 »

as of three weeks ago,was still in the "concept" stage...Greg Knutsen has the most current info
ado

Socal mathes

Post by ado »

update me pls. ado21qm@aol.com. thanks
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Hi Guys, if you have an AMA (Academy Of Model Aeronautics) membership
card, you can get into Whittier Narrows park for free...yes there's a park
entry fee.

Tony G
bobcatsofi

Why anti-AP in LA?

Post by bobcatsofi »

Hi,
I just moved into Los Angeles and for the life of me cannot find a range that permits air pistols. Anyone know why shooting ranges here don't permit "pellet guns?" Even Prado does not.
boris

Post by boris »

I've shot AP at Angeles Shooting Ranges and Firing Line (Indoor ranges).
Never heard words "not permitted". Other shooters (with loud guns) will give you that supremacy look (you know that "look-down" look), but other then that you are allowed to shot AP as well as a firearms.
bobcatsofi

Post by bobcatsofi »

Which ones permit APs?
Management of FIRING-LINE in Burbank, LA Gun Club Indoor Pistol Shooting Range‎ in downtown don't.
boris

Post by boris »

I go to Firing Line in Northridge.
I don't usually bring air pistols there because I shoot them in my backyard and at the silhouette club matches, but the time's I did, I never had a problem shooting it there.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Why the objection to AP?
Is it a problem with backstops because of the shorter distance and angles?
Thanks!
Ben
boris

Post by boris »

I would understand the objection to BB guns related to ricochets of steel BBs, but I haven't heard any objections to shooting lead pellets.
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

Just checking in to see if anyone knows of any progress / news on possible match...
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

We'll probably hold a AP and/or AR PTO match in July 2009 in Northern Calif. Let me know if you interested in attending.

Also just started working on the match program for the 2010 California State Air Pistol Championship match. Last year's match was super! Good participation, great shooters, and impressive scores.

-steve
boris

Post by boris »

bobcatsofi,

would you like to try your airpistol skills with metallic silhouette shooting?
There will be a match this Saturday at LA Silhouette Club (Angeles Shooting Ranges). Details and directions at http://shadetreeshooters.org
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

boris wrote:bobcatsofi,

would you like to try your airpistol skills with metallic silhouette shooting?
There will be a match this Saturday at LA Silhouette Club (Angeles Shooting Ranges). Details and directions at http://shadetreeshooters.org

sounds like fun. Do you have to be an NRA member to participate?
somewhereinla

Post by somewhereinla »

[quote="bummer7"]We'll probably hold a AP and/or AR PTO match in July 2009 in Northern Calif. Let me know if you interested in attending.

Also just started working on the match program for the 2010 California State Air Pistol Championship match. Last year's match was super! Good participation, great shooters, and impressive scores.

-steve[/quote

Where is this match ( town). Is there an info./website available?
boris

Post by boris »

somewhereinla wrote:sounds like fun. Do you have to be an NRA member to participate?
It is a NRA sanction match, but you don't have to be a NRA member to participate. Just come over and bring your airguns with you. If you don't have any, shooters will let you use theirs in the open relays. Come early (8:30-9:00 AM) so you will have time to sight in and practice a bit.
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

[quote]Where is this match ( town). Is there an info./website available?[/quote]

Still working on the Match Program this week. I can tell you the dates is January 9th -10th, 2010 and we'll hold it at Palo Alto Rod & Gun Club again. I hope to have the match program finalized in a few weeks. We'll probably post the info on the web at www.starreloaders.com/crpa again.

In the interim, we're looking at holding a PTO on Sunday, July 19th. Same place. Probably an Int'l Air Pistol and Air Rifle match. 60-shots standing, block time, etc.,

More information to follow.

-Steve