Toz in ransom rest- ideas?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Chris

Toz in ransom rest- ideas?

Post by Chris »

Has anyone put a Toz in a ransom rest?

How did you do it and do you have pictures to share?

Post by Guest »

To use the Ransom Rest for a TOZ try this: Get a set of blank inserts, cut a "V" groove parallel to the barrel axis(smaller than the barrel OAD) remove the TOZ forestock. You will need a spacer to give the trigger group the proper spacing to allow it to function( I used a piece of hard rummer tubing) which could be tuned to the specific gun. Now insert the barrel into the groove in the insert.( the groove should run between the upper and lower studs on the rest) Now tighten. Good strong even pressure.

I have also tested FP's in a large milling vise with lead inserts. This is how many factories test their pistols in Europe.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I took the grips off and clamped the grip near the front edge of whatever insert happened to be on the rest.

Awkward, not pretty, but it worked.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

I bought the blank inserts, too. Take off the grip, and outline what you can grab with the blanks. Be sure to include the arc that the lever moves through. Cut the blank so that when it's put together, the two sides snugly compress on the TOZ.

This insert worked perfectly, for me.

Stan
sha3banov

Re: Toz in ransom rest- ideas?

Post by sha3banov »

Chris wrote:Has anyone put a Toz in a ransom rest?

How did you do it and do you have pictures to share?
if that like what i understand for i used the rifle ransom rest !!
like my photo bellow.........
Attachments
toz35
toz35
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg