2009 NCAA Rifle Championships Results

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

danjordan78

2009 NCAA Rifle Championships Results

Post by danjordan78 »

Hello all, The 2009 NCAA Men's and Women's National Rifle Championships will be held this Friday and Saturday at the Texas Christian University campus in Fort Worth, TX. We are trying to have live feeds for the scoring for the entire match and would love it if you could log on and support the shooters. Check in to www.collegerifle.com and look for the page with either the live results or a link to them. There is also live video feeds on www.gofrogs.com (TCU Athletic Site) and NCAA.com (go to the sports section and choose rifle).

PLEASE log on to the NCAA website at least once during the day. The NCAA keeps a counter of how many people visit the site and results page and it can really go a long way to show how much interest there is in Collegiate Rifle Shooting. High numbers will improve our odds for support and growth in the future.

Thanks so much for all of your support!

www.NCAA.com
www.gofrogs.com
www.collegerifle.com
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

Congratulations B.T.Cartensen, NCAA smallbore champion and fellow TargetTalker!

Post by Guest »

Congrats to West Virginia 2009 NCAA National Champions.

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Do I remember correctly that West Virginia's team was almost disbanded a few years back and had to compete as a club sport for a year before being reinstated? If so, their victory is even more remarkable. Congratulations!
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Yes you do remember correctly. Furthermore, still today, the only support they receive from the University is the use of the facilities. They are the only NCAA team at WVU to receive $0 funding from the university. They are also the only team ever at WVU to win a national championship and they have now won 14!
L Moore

Post by L Moore »

PDeal ,is 100% correct as far as I know,No other sport team at WVU has ever won a national championship but rifle and this indeed does make number 14..One with common sense would think,it is time for some school money to be spent on this program rather then pouring more millions into programs that have never won...Of course we all know why,the networks aren't going to televise this sport and there will be no big gate fees collected from fans wishing to watch these events..

As sport talk filled the local barber shop yesterday of the basketball playoffs,It was me who had to point out that the rifle team had just added number 14 to the wall..I over heard someone say,I hadn't heard a thing about it, they didn't tell about it on Sports Center.. I live in West Virginia and I'm proud of this team..LMoore