Beijing Shooting Hall Question..

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Aviator24

Beijing Shooting Hall Question..

Post by Aviator24 »

Hey Everyone!! I've seen lots of pictures of the beautiful Beijing Shooting hall, but can't figure out how many firing points there are!!! There seems to be a massive amount, specifically for the Olympic games. Just curious to see if anyone knew the exact number. Thanks, and happy shooting!

- H. Curtis
Ralph

Beijing Shooting Hall

Post by Ralph »

I think there's 80 firing points in the 10 meter range
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

The Beijing range was deigned for more than the Olympics. World Cups have larger entries and a range built only to Olympic minimum (rule 3.5.1 on page 39) is pushing to hold a World Cup.
Beijing could hold a World Championships.
HS

Beijing Shooting Hall

Post by HS »

I was there, 78 of 50m qualifying round positions. The SLO Gold metal was born from position 74. No one shot to his right, then the tall wall. Emmons shot on position 42, at the middle of the range.

Final hall (indoor) 8 positions. Media/Operations on ground level, spectators on upper level. It was used for both the 10m air and 50m rifle.
Eric U

Some corrections

Post by Eric U »

The guy who won prone was from Ukraine, named Artur Ayvazian. Yes, he was on the end. There are 80 firing points in both 10m and 50m. The finals hall has 10 firing points, and can also host 25 meter finals. I don't know how many firing points the 25m range has as I've never been there.

Eric U
HS

Beijing Shooting Hall

Post by HS »

Eric U was right, the SLO won the 3P and I guess there are a few Hospital lanes too. Since I saw only 8 finalists, I thought they only fit 8. Thanks for the update.