search function

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mcbrien

search function

Post by mcbrien »

The search function seems useless. I type in "model and 41" and get 1590 items, most of which are totally irrelevant. I have no trouble using the search function on other sites. I can read and follow instructions. What am I doing wrong, or does the search function just not work here?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

The trouble is that each term must be greater than three letters in length, which 41 doesn't meet. Not actually relevent to this instance, you must also select "Search for all terms" instead of using "and" to look for all the words.

A better approach in this case might be to use the Google site-specific search in this manner:

"model 41" site:targettalk.org

Do include the quotes around the search term. Your results should look like this:

"model 41" site:targettalk.org

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
Last edited by Ed Hall on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcbrien

Post by mcbrien »

Thanks for the information. I didn't know how to search on google this way. I knew I must be doing something wrong on the site, although I did try the different search options.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Great tip

Thanks